LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER

Two movies/shorts were made about Lamb To The Slaughter, so it may confuse you on the time period this takes place. This chapter takes place in '71. The movie that the reader was watching is the Alfred Hitchcock version that was released in the 50s, not the version that was released in late 70s.

After the movie was over, you laid on the couch and cried. 'what a horrible movie' you thought. It was Lamb To The Slaughter, in which a man was going to leave his pregnant wife, and the woman in return killed her husband with a frozen leg of meat.
You were many months pregnant with David's baby, and you were scared of these types of things. Would he leave you? Would you kill him? What will happen to the baby? It all terrified you into madness.

For what seemed like ages, you cried on the couch while black-and-white soap operas played on the television. You loved soap operas, especially watching them with David. But he wasn't here right now. He was working on the new album. What was it called again? You couldn't remember.
You wanted him to come home. You wanted him to hold you in his strong arms while he rubbed your stomach. The baby especially loved it when David did this. He'd always kick his daddy's hand and let him know that he was still in there, waiting to be born.
The baby knew who David was. He knew David was his daddy. David always spoke to his son like he was really there. Telling the baby good morning and good night. You thought it was heart melting when he did this. He kissed and rubbed your stomach anytime he had the chance. You knew he'd be a great father. You just knew it.

"Love, I'm home!" You heard the front door close as footsteps became louder the closer they got to the living room. You tried to dry up your tears the best you could, but your eyes were still red and watery.
"Babe, I- are you ok?" David sat next to you on the couch. You bursted into tears next to him and hid your face in his chest. He pulled you into his arms, holding you closer to him. He shhh'd you, rubbing your back.
"Baby, what happened?" He whispered desperately into your ear. He rocked you back and forth, still holding you as close as he could without squashing your pregnant stomach.

You told him about the Lamb To The Slaughter and listened to every word you said to him. He smiled softly when you were done.
"Oh baby, you know that would never happen to us." He chuckled and kissed your temple lovingly. You looked up with tear stained eyes.
"You promise, Davey?" You sobbed on his chest as he kissed your forehead. He nodded and smiled.

He rubbed your stomach, and you felt a small kick. David removed his hand and pulled up your shirt a bit. There was a small foot pressed up against your stomach.
"Look! The baby's tryna make you happy!" You both smiled as David touched the baby's tiny foot with his index finger. You smiled as the foot went away.

David took your hand and pressed it where the foot was. You felt more movement and felt something small press against your hand. You looked under your hand and saw a much smaller hand pressed up on your stomach. You gasped and smiled brightly.
See? Don't be sad. We're here for you." David kissed your forehead as you touched the small hand.

David payed attention to the soap opera which was still being played on the screen. You leaned your head on his shoulder.
"David, will you help me take care of our baby?" You looked up at him. He chuckled and looked at you.
"How many times do I have to tell you that I'll always be here for you and the baby?" He laughed and rubbed your stomach some more. You smiled and held onto him lovingly.
"Thank you, David. You don't know how much it means to me." You closed your eyes as David wrapped a blanket over the both of you. 
"I know it means a lot." He laid down with his back against the arm rest thingy and pulled you to him so your back was against his chest. He covered you with the blanket and hummed to you. You fell asleep in his strong arms, with his oversized hands rubbing your stomach.

Just how you liked it.

I'm in a David loving mood right now. Also, i know the story seems a little bit rushed at the end, and I'm sorry for that. I reread it after I'm done but I'm sure i missed something. Ive got plenty of ideas ahead. So stay tuned! Oh and a disclaimer for these pregnancy chapters. They're not in order. I wanted them to be, and maybe I'll rearrange them when I'm done. But for now, they're all coming out at different times. Sorry not sorry. Love you all. <3
    - Nordik