Chapter 39

The next day, Betty got up and was hungry, so got dressed and went straight to the food hall to have breakfast. However, when she got there, she saw Kevin sat at their usual table, but there was another girl there. They were both giggling and chatting and Betty couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy in her stomach. Sighing, she went to grab a plate and then walked over to join them. "B! Hi' Kevin chirped when she sat down. "Hi" Betty said, with a small smile. "Betty, this is Ethel, Ethel this is Betty" Kevin introduced the two girls. "Hey! It's nice to meet you!" Ethel said and then her and Kevin turned back to their conversation. Betty didn't say anything, just ate her breakfast in silence.

After breakfast, Betty knew jughead was in meetings so her and Kevin always hung out. "Hey Kev, still want to hang out?" Betty asked, as she went to clear her plate. "Of course!" Kevin grinned. "Meet me in my room?" Kevin said and Betty nodded. When Betty was done, she walked to Kevin's room, and was surprised that when she walked in, Ethel was also there. Ethel was lounging on the bed, and they both grinned at her when she entered. Betty sat down in a chair and listened as Kevin and Ethel were both talking, occasionally they would turn to Betty for input, but mostly, Betty just sat in silence. "So Ethel, What are you in for?" Betty asked, trying to make conversation. "Oh! I had an eating disorder" Ethel smiled, and Betty was thrown off by how happy the girl was. "What about you?" She asked and Betty was hesitant to answer, she hated talking about it. "Erm.. addiction" was all Betty said. After that, Ethel asked Kevin something and Betty was in silence again, feeling left out. Eventually, Betty noticed the time and saw that jugheads meetings would be over, so she politely said goodbye and left to find her boyfriend.

Betty found jughead in his office and he grinned when he saw her. "Hey betts" he smiled, when she walked over and kissed him. "Hi" she said, and then plopped herself on his couch, Crossing her arms across her chest. Jughead looked over at his girlfriend and took in her pout. "What's up betts?" He asked and she shook her head. "Nothing" she mumbled. "Betty..." jug said and to his shock, she burst into tears. "Woah, baby?!" He rushed to her side, wrapping her up in his arms and rubbing a hand up and down her back. "Sorry" she hiccuped, when she pulled away from him. "Shh, it's okay. What's going on hun?" He asked, holding her hands. "I.. I just feel really left out" she sniffed, and started to explain to jughead. "Oh betts..." jug said when she was done telling him. "It's okay to feel like that" he started. "Kevin's your best friend, and he probably doesn't mean to leave you out" he said and she nodded. "I know. He loves meeting new people, but..." she sighed. "I just don't like opening up to loads Of people and I'm scared if I don't become friends with Ethel, Kevin will leave me and I'll be alone" she cried. "That won't happen betts" he comforted, pulling her into his lap. "You two are so close, he won't ever leave you" he assured her. "I just don't like feeling like this" she said, wiping away her tears. "I know, and I'm sorry baby" he said. "How about, I'll talk to Kevin later?" He suggested. "Maybe I can explain how you're feeling so he knows" he said and she nodded. "Yes please" she said, and snuggled into him even more. "I love you betts" he said, kissing her head. "I love you too juggie" she smiled.

A few hours later, Betty was in her room, sat on her bed, reading when jughead walked in. "Hey you" he grinned, walking in and sitting next to her. "Hi" she smiled and he pecked her lips. "You okay?" He asked. Betty hadn't seen him since that morning as he had a lot of work. "Yeah" she nodded. "Have you just been in here?" He asked. "Yeah, I just felt like having some alone time" she explained. "Oh? Shall I leave then" he smirked and Betty giggled. "Nope. You're the exception" she laughed. "Why thank you, I feel honoured" jug chucked, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer to him as he pulled the covers over them. "I really love you" Betty whispered, putting her book down and turning so they were facing eachother. "That's good... because I really love you too" he grinned, before connecting their lips.