Chapter 9

Over the next couple of days, jughead and betty have been spending more time together outside of their sessions. He would sit with her at lunch when Kevin wasn't there and then he would join her when she was in the Main room, reading and writing. He was aware that they were becoming closer and they were being flirty towards each other but he couldn't stay away from her.

It was a rainy Wednesday morning and Betty was moping around her room, waiting to go to breakfast. She had a session with jughead after breakfast but she was annoyed because she'd planned on reading at her spot by the river afterwards but she couldn't because of the weather. When she arrived at the dining hall she didn't see Kevin straight away so she sat on her own. Halfway through her cereal, jughead sat down opposite her. "Good morning" he grinned. "Not a good morning" she sighed and noticed how he   Instantly became worried. "Calm Down" she smiled. "I wanted to go outside..." she sighed. "Oh" he said, relieved that she was okay. "Hey!" Kevin interrupted them, sitting down with his own breakfast tray. "Hi" Jug smiled. "Hey" Betty mumbled. "Wow. Someone's grumpy" Kevin teased Betty. "Sorry not all of us can be a ray of sunshine all the time" she snipped, playfully. "You're telling me you're not a ray of sunshine?" Jughead smirks at Betty. "Oh shut up!" She smiled and flicked him. "Okay! Okay!" He laughed and stood up. "I'll see you in a bit for our session betts. Bye Kevin" Jug said and walked off. "Betts?" Kevin smirked when he left. "And? It's just a nickname" Betty shrugged. "Girl you so like him" Kevin grinned. "So what if If I do?" Betty said. "It's not like he'll ever like me..." she added.

"So how have you been this week?" Jughead asked in their session. "Okay" she shrugged. "Betty..." he sighed. "Okay Fine... I've been okay but I have struggled to be motivated to do things. There's not much to do in this place" she told him and he nodded. "Well... we have a gym. How would you like it if I got you a pass to use it?" Jughead started. "It might help you get motivated, and it will give you something to focus on?" He suggested and Betty nodded eagerly. "Really?! You'd let me do that?" And asked, excitedly. "Yes Betty" he laughed. "Great!" She smiled. "When can I start?" She asked. "I can get you a pass after our session and you can go in whenever you like" he explained. "Okay" she smiled. "Okay let's continue with the session" he said. "How are you dealing with not relying on adderal?" He asked. "Erm.. it's... hard" she admitted and he encouraged her to carry on. "It's like... sometimes my head just feels fuzzy and usually I would've just taken a pill and it would all be fine but I can't do that anymore and I'm not sure what to do" she sighed. "Okay, and do you think you're coping well?" He said and watched as her eyes filled with Tears. "Hey.. here" he said and handed her a tissue. "Sorry" she sniffed. "Don't apologise Betty, you can cry with me" he smiled. "I just, i don't feel like I am coping" she said and he nodded, moving his chair closer to hers. "Can you explain to me what you mean?" He asked, gently. "I have to catch myself from digging my nails in or just wanting to scream" she sighed. "But, you don't dig your nails in and that's progress, you should remember the positives and think of how far you've already come since you've been here" he said. "Don't let the bad things hold back your progress moving forward" he said and she nodded. "You're right" she said. "Okay, I think that will do for today" he smiled. "I'll go and get you that gym pass" he said.

After jughead had given Betty the gym pass, she had gone back to her room and changed into her workout stuff and headed straight to the gym. Firstly, she ran on the treadmill just to clear her head and to her her to focus her mind. Afterwards to lifted some weights but her body was still weak and wasn't strong enough so she stopped. After about half an hour she decided to stop and head back to her room. She was exhausted by the time she was in her room so she jumped into bed and fell straight asleep.