Chapter 57

"College?" Betty whispered, looking up at her boyfriend. "Yeah betts, college" jug nodded. "I know how much you wanted to go betts, you told me and I want you to finish your education like you had planned" he explained and Betty felt tears pool in her eyes. "I...I.." she didn't know what to say. "It's okay baby, you don't have to say yes" jug said, pulling her into his arms. "I know it's a big decision so you can take your time and~" he said but was cut off by Betty. "No! No I want too" she rushed out. "You do?" Jug smiled down at her and for the first time in a long time he had never seen her look so hopeful. "I really, really want too juggie" she whispered and jug grinned, spinning her around, making her squeal. "Thank you" she beamed up at him and kissed him softly.

That evening, Betty was on the couch in the andrews house with Archie on one side of her and jughead on the other, looking at riverdale community college on her laptop. "So what are you thinking in majoring in? Jug asked her. "Hmm I'm not sure" she sighed. Before her life fell apart she was planing on doing journalism but she didn't feel that was right for her anymore. "I think I need something else" she explained. "Something new, to start this new chapter I'm not the same person I was before" she told them. "That's fine betts, you choose what's best for you" jug smiled and placed a comforting hand against her knee. "What about an art major?" Archie suggested, knowing how much she loved art. "Do you think I could?" Betty asked, suddenly intrigued. "Of course you can" Archie chuckled and grabbed the laptop and started to search. "Here there's this course that's mainly painting focused" he said, showing her the screen. "It looks good betts" jug added, leaning over to look at the laptop. "Yeah, yeah it does" Betty said.

"So, art and creative writing? That's impressive Betty" Fred smiled as they were all sat having dinner. Betty had decided on the painting course and was also taking a couple of creative writing classes. "I'm proud of you honey, you're doing really well" Fred added and Betty blushed, looking down at her plate. "Thank you" she smiled. "Have you enrolled?" Mary asked. "She has an interview tomorrow" jughead spoke. "Will... will I be able to go even if I'm still in treatment?" Betty asked, anxiety lacing her voice. "Betts..." jug said softly and she turned to look at him. "I wouldn't have suggested this to you if it wasn't a possibility" he smiled, taking her hand. "Tomorrow we're going to go to the college and you're going to have an interview and I'll explain about your situation okay? Everything will be fine" he assured her and she nodded. "Okay". "Good" jug said as he kissed her hand. After dinner, Betty and jughead went to sit out on the porch. "You doing okay?" He asked as her wrapped an arm around her. "Yeah, just a little nervous about tomorrow" she told him, laying her head on his shoulder. "That's normal baby" he smiled. "But this is a good thing for you" he added. "I know" she sighed. "Do you want to stay at mine today?" He asked after a few moments of peaceful silence. "Let's just stay here tonight, we're already here" she said and jug nodded, Standing up and holding his hands out to pull her up. "Let's head up to bed then, we need to get some rest".

The next morning, after hugs and good lucks from the Andrews family, Betty and jughead headed off to riverdale community college. "You've got this baby, and I'll be right outside the whole time" jug said to her as he parked up. "I know, I'm just scared" she whispered, sitting on her hands so she couldn't be tempted to dig her nails into her palms. "Okay betts let's just take a couple of deep breaths okay?" Jug suggested, wanting her to be as calm as possible. "Okay" she nodded, following his breathing patterns. "Good job baby, take a couple more" jug encouraged. "Well done betts" he smiled when she was finished. "I love you juggie" Betty said, squeezing his hand. "I love you too betts, now let's go in there and you can smash it!" He grinned. After getting out of the car, they walked into the building as they weren't waiting for long until Betty was called into the deans office. "You've got this" jug whispered one last encouragement as she followed the dean.  Jug was sat outside the deans office for around half an hour until his girlfriend was finally done. As she walked out, she was smiling and looked lighter than she had all morning. "How was it betts?" He asked, standing to meet her. "I got in!" He grinned and jug beamed, pulling her in for a hug. "I knew you could do it!" He cheered and Betty giggled. "Mr Jones?" The dean called and the couple pulled away. "Hi, I'm Steve" he introduced himself with a smile and jughead shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm jughead" jug said. "I was informed that you needed to speak to me?" Steve questioned and jug nodded. "Yes, betts you wait here okay?" Jug said as Steve opened the door for him.

"Were they understanding?" Betty asked when they were back in the car. "Of course they were betts" jug smiled, resting his hand on her leg as he was driving. "Everything's okay betts, they understand our situation and they are going to work that around your classes and they understand any other problem that would come up okay?" He said, wanting to reassure her so she can stop stressing about it. "Okay, okay that's good" she said to herself, and jug gently squeezed her leg. "You know, I'm really proud of you" he said softly. "You are?" She asked, looking over at him. Jug took his eyes off the road for a single moment to look into her eyes. "I am, you're amazing Betty Cooper" and Betty couldn't help but blush, quickly leaning over to kiss him. "Now, how about we head to pops and her a celebratory milkshake?" He suggested and Betty beamed. "Sounds great!".