Chapter 24

"I know" Betty said, simply. "You know?" Jughead asked, confused. "I was the one who cancelled it" Betty sighed, moving to her bed and sitting cross legged. "What? Why? You were so excited!" Jughead said. "I.. i was talking to Kevin Earlier and he's had his privileges taken off him because Of what happened" she started. "So he doesn't get a family day" she added. "I was talking about it and then he told me he wouldn't have on and he looked so sad" she sighed. "So, I made a decision that I wouldn't have my family day either" she explained. "Oh baby..." jug said, sitting down next to her and taking her hands. "You didn't have to do that, you were so excited to see your family" he said. "I know, but I have my privileges so I'll call them instead" she shrugged. "You have the biggest heart betts" Jug said, pulling her onto his lap. "Kevin's so lucky to have you as a friend, and I'm so lucky to call you mine" he said, kissing her passionately, trying to convey all his emotions into one kiss.

Jughead had stayed over in Betty's room that night and they both woke up early the next morning, in time for breakfast. "Good morning" Betty mumbled, rolling over and tucking herself into his chest. "Morning gorgeous" he said, kissing her head. "I wish we could stay here all day" she said. "Me too, but unfortunately I have work to do" he said. "And... I'm hungry" he added and she giggled. "Always thinking about food" she smiled. After a few more moments of enjoying eachothers company, jughead left to head to his office to freshen up and Betty went into the bathroom to get ready for the day. Betty had agreed to meet jughead in the food hall when they were both ready; so as soon as she was dressed she made her way down. Kevin was sat at a table when she got in there, Betty spotted him instantly and sat down next to him. "Good morning Kev" she chirped. "Morning B" he said and Betty could see how upset he was about not seeing his family. "Are you excited for today?" He asked and Betty looked at him. "For family day...?" He said when she didn't respond. "Oh!" She said. "I'm not seeing my family today" she shrugged, like it was nothing. Just then jughead and Reggie sat at their table, jughead placing a bowl of cereal in front of Betty, who smiled and kissed his cheek in thanks. "Wait! Hold up. Betty why aren't you seeing your family?" Kevin asked, still not understanding. "Because... if you don't get to see yours, I don't need to see mine" she explained. "We don't need family today, we have each other" she added, taking a spoonful of cereal and turning to talk to Reggie and jughead. Kevin was in shock at what she had said; she had given up her family day for him...

Later that day, after Betty's session with jughead and Kevin's session with Reggie, the pair of them, made their way outside and sat down along the river, Both spread out on a blanket. "Why did you do it?" Kevin asked. "Why did you give your family day up for me?" He questioned. Betty turned to him, her eyes serious and said "I hate that you lost your privileges. If you had to live without seeing your family, I would be able to as well.". "But.. but I lost them because of what I did" he said. "I know" she said, simply. "But we're both battling with additions, diseases" she started. "It's horrible and sometimes, our demons catch up with us. We need support during them Times and if you can't have your family you can have me" she smiled. "We're each other's family?" He asked. "Always" she smiled and Kevin pulled her in for a hug, letting all the emotions he'd been holding on to, finally go.

Later, Betty had just entered jugheads office. "Hey baby" he smiled, when he saw her. "Hi" she smiled. She had a slight red rim around her eyes and jughead was up out of his seat and taking her in his arms. "Have you been crying? What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm fine" she giggled. "I've just spent the day with Kevin and we were talking about everything... it was a little emotional" she explained. "So you're okay?" He asked and she nodded, standing on her tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips. "And how was Kevin?" He asked. "I think he's going to be okay" she smiled.

{leave ideas for this story💗}