Chapter 30

That night, Betty woke up sweating and had the worst headache. She felt fuzzy and like she couldn't focus. After checking the clock and seeing it was 3am, she sighed and stumbled out of bed, knowing jughead was in his office as he was on the night shift. She was still in her pyjamas, but she didn't Care. After making her way to jugheads office, she knocked on the door. Jughead swung the door open and his eyes widened in surprise and then concern when he saw his girlfriend on the other side. "Betts? What's wrong baby?" He asked, leading her into the office and pulling her onto his lap on the couch. "I don't feel well" Betty said and suddenly burst into tears. "Awww baby, Shh" jug comforted, gently rocking her back and fourth. "What's wrong?" He asked. "My head hurts and I feel sick" she cried. "Okay, it's just withdrawal" he told her. "I don't like it" she sniffed. "I know honey" jug said, hating seeing her so miserable. Betty didn't say anything and just snuggled closer into jughead. "I know you're tired but just come with me? Let's go and get you some water" he said, taking her hand and leading her to the food hall. He guided her into a seat while he grabbed her a water and then got a wet cloth, to put on her head. "Come on baby" he said when he was done. Jughead took her back to her room, settling her into bed and placing the cloth on her head. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked but she shook her head. "No" she groaned. "Can you hold me?" She asked and he nodded. "Of course" he smiled, climbing in next to her and wrapping his arms around her. "Will you stay with me?" She mumbled. "Of course I will" he said softly and watched as her eyes closed and she fell asleep.

The next morning, jughead was in the food hall, grabbing some coffee when he saw Reggie and Kevin sat at a table. "Hey guys" he greeted, walking over to them. "Hey" they smiled. "Where's B?" Kevin asked, noticing his blonde best friend wasn't there. "She had a rough night..." jughead sighed, sitting down. "What happened?" Reggie asked, concerned. "She found me in my office at like 3am, looking really sick, and she was scared" jughead told them. "She's experiencing withdrawal symptoms" he added. "Poor Betty... Withdrawals are horrible, and mine was only with alcohol I can only imagine it's worst with a drug..." Kevin said, worried for his friend. "So I've been up all night with her, but she's sleeping so I've come to grab some coffee" jughead said and took a sip. "Haven't you finished your shift?" Reggie asked and jughead nodded. "Yeah" he said. "But I've spoken to the bosses and they understand my situation, so I'm allowed to stay here at the centre, to be with Betty, and I can still do work but I'm just doing less paper work" jughead explained and they nodded. The three men spoke for a while longer until jughead had finished his coffee and went back to Betty.

When he got back to Betty's room, he found her awake and sat up in her blanket. "Hey baby" he smiled, moving to sit next to her on the bed and kissing her softly. "Hi" she said, her voice still raspy. "How are you feeling?" He asked, moving her hair behind her ear. "I'm okay" she said. "Would you like some breakfast?" He asked, gently but she shook her head. "No thank you" she said. "I'm still feeling a little bit nauseous" she sighed. "It will get better baby" jughead assured her. "I know..." she said. Jughead sat down more comfortably on the bed and pulled Betty down so that she was laying on his chest. "I love you" he told her. "I love you too juggie" she said, and listening to the steady beat of his heart, sent her back to sleep.

(Leave some ideas for what you want to see in this book!💗}