Chapter 6: Betrayal

Two days later, Sakura's parents had arrived in the village hidden in the sand, and people around town have always been busy these days working, helping the environment, and going on new missions, which can be exhausting these days but it was worth the time and effort involved. Like Mr. and Mrs. Haruno did for the past few weeks. They're now reporting back to the Kazekage from completing the A-rank mission.

"Our mission in the Land of Rice is complete, sir. We've searched for the forbidden scroll that Orochimaru's subordinate; Kimimaro, has stolen but we couldn't find him anywhere. Not even in their hideout, which is strange. However, we found this piece," Mrs. Haruno said, taking out the small object from her bag, "It's an osteoblast cell that functions in groups of connected cells in the process of bone formation."

"Hmm... it's pretty fascinating to see this object. Although this is not an ordinary bone, it's one of Kimimaro's abilities called 'Shikotsumyaku', which came from Kekkei Genkai, allowing the user to manipulate his own skeletal structure... as a means of combat."

"I've never heard of it... During our mission, we had seen several dead corpses lying on the ground in the sound village. A horrifying sight that is," Mr. Haruno stated when he thought of the memory.

"I see... Well, no need to worry about that. I'm going to send a few black ANBU ninjas on this A-rank mission. So far, you did an amazing job on tracking him and the forbidden scroll including these pieces of bones. Anyway, do you still have some unfinished business here?"

"No, sir, we don't. The Hokage expects us to return back home as soon as possible, so we are leaving tonight," Mrs. Haruno confirmed, which made Sakura feel upset as her head went down.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Mr. Haruno asked.

"I don't want to leave my... friend," she said quietly.

"Who?" Her parents asked, curious who their daughter's friend is.

"Gaara... he is my youngest son in the family and he's a jinchuriki. Apparently, he has the one-tailed beast Shukaku sealed inside of him, which everyone in the village mostly fears. Ever since the attack in this village, my son has been into a lot of trouble until he met your daughter," Kazekage explained quietly.

"That's wonderful, honey," Mrs. Haruno said, smiling at Sakura, who smiled back a little.

"Unfortunately, we have to leave tonight. Though, it's still morning. I guess we have more free time to go and explore around the village," Mr. Haruno said wisely.

"Please... enjoy your time here," the 4th gave them a nod.

"Thank you, sir. Anyway," Mr. Haruno paused as he turned to look at his daughter, who's now depressed.

"Why do we have to leave?" Sakura questioned quietly.

"Sakura. We have no choice. The third Hokage expects us to return home. Your mother and I have been assigned to a new mission lately. And for the next 6 years, you're going to attend an orientation to enter the Ninja Academy...*sigh*... I'm sorry, sweetie. I understand this is hard for you to leave your friend like this," her father said, sighing tiredly.

"We're very glad that you met him. Don't worry, you two will meet each other again," her mother said smiling.

"Hopefully," said Sakura as she smiled back reassuringly.

"That's our girl," said Mr. Haruno, smirking.

"So, it's settled, then?" The 4th asked.

"Yes, sir," they both said in a nod. Sakura, on the other hand, seems to be okay with the hard decision they made because they can't stay here long enough and it's been a month now. But still, she can't easily get rid of the feeling of being heartbroken and sad. Someday, she will meet Gaara again, just what her mother had said.