Chapter 14: The Central Tower

As time went by, Anko and the two black OPS reached a place to rest in the Central Tower after they encountered three tigers outside the forest.

"Things are getting bad but we can't stop the exam!" She stated.

"What do you mean?" The black OP asked curiously.

Suddenly, the door slid open quickly when a leaf ninja said. "We have been awaiting your arrival, Anko! There is something I must report!"

"What is it? We are in the middle of an important meeting!" She said, feeling bothered.

"Take a quick look at this!" The leaf ninja held a tape in front of them and put it in a player as the TV screen was adjusting to its signal.

"Nowhere! Please take a look at the time!" He pointed at the screen that showed 16:09. "This is the recording of the second exam, an hour and 37 minutes into it!" Anko and the black OPS were watching the video in curiosity and were shocked to see three shinobis from the sand country have passed the second test. Gaara, on the right side, was looking over the camera in hatred.

"How is that possible!" Anko asked in disbelief.

"It's only 97 minutes, this has never happened before. It's very abnormal. These guys are not at the genin level to demolish the old test record of 4 hours," the leaf ninja explained.

"That's not all..." She said when she also noticed something strange.

"...What do you mean?" He asked in puzzlement.

"From the arena entrance to the tower, it's about 10 km. There are wild beasts, poisonous insects, and rough terrain that they made it seem as if it was nothing, especially that red-haired kid," she pointed out.

"What about him?" He questioned.

"Have you noticed?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

The leaf ninja examined the kid and didn't know what he was supposed to be looking at.

"Take a good look at his body," Anko said and continued. "He doesn't have a single scratch, not only that, but you can't even spot any dirt on his clothes."

"I see..." the leaf ninja said curiously.

"It must have something to do with his abilities. Looks like a reliable guy has appeared. I don't like the look of his eyes, though. It's pure evil," the other black OP said, crossing both arms.

"And now we go further back from what the video recorded," the leaf ninja said.

FLASHBACK:

On the first day of the 2nd exam, it was approximately 50 minutes from the start.

"YAHOO! Now, this is survival! Right Akamaru?!" Kiba asked his pet, and he answered in the bark. "Luckily, those guys who fell for that trap had the earth scroll. At this rate, we'll be the first to the tower!"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. That's dangerous," Shino said while they were heading at a quick pace. "Let us be cautious and not draw the enemy's attention that is safest. Even the smallest insects in order to protect themselves will always-"

"I know that!" Kiba interrupted and continued, "Why do you always talk about insects you bug freak! Stop acting like the boss, I'm the team leader!" He said arrogantly.

"Umm, b-but I think Shino makes a good point," Hinata stuttered, frowning.

"Alright! Geez," Kiba said.

"I hope Naruto is okay," she thought concernedly just when Akamaru started sniffing the sense of someone's presence in the air.

"Hey! Stop!" Kiba said instantly. "We should be cautious and not draw the enemy's attention, right? Then, Hinata, can you take a look about 1 km in that direction?" He pointed.