Chapter 25: The Invasion

Both of the Kages had reached the rooftop of the building where the fourth Kazekage demanded the sound ninjas make a huge rectangular barrier around them to keep him and the third Hokage in. It was known as the purple flame wall, keeping them in a trap.

"This is bad..." Kakashi muttered.

"Nine traitors," Guy said in disbelief.

"For the sound to betray the leaf, an alliance is only useful as a camouflage to make the enemy set his guard down. These stupid fighting games end here. And from here, history changes," the fourth Kazekage said slyly.

"You want to start a war? We should avoid solving things through force and work out our differences through negotiation. There is still time, Kazekage," the third Hokage explained calmly.

The fourth Kazekage said monotonously. "Heh. Do we become peace-loving fools when we are, Sarutobi-sensei...?" The name he called made him realized that it wasn't the fourth Kazekage the whole time, who he has spoken to throughout the final rounds. Now that his suspicions were confirmed, the third Hokage had to think of a plan before the entire village gets destroyed.

Down at the center of the arena, the referee covered Sasuke in front of him as Baki. Kankuro and Temari did the same for the redhead, who was experiencing the side effects in his brain.

"It's impossible to proceed now," Temari said.

"Then, what are we supposed to do? Do it without him?!" Kankuro questioned in irritation.

Baki made his decisions, saying firmly. "Abort the mission. You guys take Gaara and retreat."

"What about you?!" She asked while Kankuro puts Gaara's arm around to help him up.

"I'll join the battle. Now, go!!" Baki commanded, just when they followed his order, withdrawing away from the arena.

"Is the leader of this party, Orochimaru?" The referee asked out of curiosity.

"Who knows? Let's just join the fun," Baki suggested with a cunning smirk.

"Hey!! What's going on?!!" Sasuke asked vehemently.

The referee answered. "Sorry, but the chunin exam is now over. You go pursue Gaara and his two companions. You're already at the chunin level. If you're a leaf shinobi, then make yourself useful."

Sasuke paused at that and left to go find them as he jumped over the arena wall. Kakashi and the others noticed whereas the fourth Kazekage remarked on how useless Gaara is.

"Your foolishness has caused the leaf to fall further and further behind... I have won," he claimed as he ripped off his disguise, revealing his wicked smile as a sign of creating a misfortune.

"Heh. It's not over till it is. I thought I taught you that, Orochimaru?" The third Hokage said and continued, still held from his long-time former student's grasp. "I thought this day would come eventually. But you won't get my head easily."

He replied deviously. "I told you. You should hurry and choose the fifth... because you will die here, the third Hokage!"

Elsewhere, many of the jounins were lined up beside each other, standing on top of the east gate. They were preparing themselves for battle against the Sand and Sound shinobi, who were in their positions to attack them. Kakashi and Guy had beaten up the other enemies near them as they had observed what was happening at the roof of the central watchtower.

From that moment on, Kakashi gave Sakura a word of advice while the other shinobis were ruthlessly fighting off with high speed and no caring in a sense of manner.