Four

"Okay, so Ashton is going to assist me, I'll need your head to stay back against the bed, and I'll do it as quick as I can and then I'll cover your nose with a rag to catch the blood, okay?" He spoke slowly, and I watched her slowly nod, never giving us any emotion.

"Okay, relax your hands in your lap, and keep your head relaxed" he spoke, making me instantly grab a rag, knowing I would need to help stop the bleeding.

"Grab some ice packs" I spoke to a nurse, who nodded before leaving the room.

She let Michael tilt her head against the bed, her hands squeezing her shirt.

"Okay, close your eyes for me and don't open them until I say so" michael instructed, making her do so.

She was so calm.

She wasn't worried about us hurting her, she didn't want anyone to hold her hands, she wasn't asking questions- she was just letting us do what we needed to do.

I wish every teenage patient was just like this.

Michael gave me a nod, and then immediately set her nose, making her immediately gasp, sitting up- keeping her eyes closed tightly as her hands went over both Michael's and my own as we held a rag to her nose.

"Head back, I know it hurts, but keep your head back" michael spoke calmly, guiding her head back.

Tears were slipping out of her closed eyes, which I wiped slowly.

"Doctor Clifford" a nurse entered with ice packs and my clothes for her.

"Yes?" Michael asked.

"Her mother is here, accompanied with police, the police need to speak with her and her doctor, but her mother also needs a check up due to a few cuts." She spoke, making Michael nod.

"Okay" michael exhaled, thinking of what to do.

"Give me ten more minutes with her and Doctor Irwin can speak to the police with Andrea and do her stitches, because I don't know the situation- I only know that she had a broken nose, but I can do the moms work up." Michael spoke.

"Yes sir" the nurse spoke, leaving the clothes and ice packs beside Andrea's knees, leaving the room.

"The bleeding has stopped" I spoke after checking myself, seeing only a little blood.

"Good" michael mumbled, pulling the rag away.

"Okay, open those eyes for me" Michael mumbled, making her slowly open them, tears visible in her eyes.

"Good job, you're doing so good" michael praised her.

He held an ice pack gently to her nose, making her assist him in holding it.

"Okay, so for the next week, be sure not to hit it, no exercise, take it easy and ice it when you feel pain, but no longer than fifteen minutes" he spoke calmly to her.

"If you have any more bleeding or you discover that you can't breathe out of either side, you need to come back and ask for me, I'll take care of you" he spoke slowly.

"But other than that, Ashton's going to finish taking care of you, is that okay?" He asked.

"That's fine, thank you" she spoke slowly.

Michael smiles.

"I'll see you back in eight days for a check up, I'll get a nurse to bring you an appointment slip" he spoke before leaving the room.

I helped her hold the ice pack, wondering how the hell she took all of that pain without any support.

"You okay?" I asked her, seeing her eyes look to me slowly.

"Just great" she mumbled, making me exhale.

Before I could speak again, two police officers entered the room, nice smiles.

"Is she good to talk?" One asked, making me nod, slowly taking the ice away as I sat in a chair beside her bed.

"Hi Andrea, I'm officer Bradley, I just finished speaking with your mom about what happened to your father, and I'd like to see if I could get some information out of you, is that okay?" I watched her slowly nod.

"So your mom told me that you were the first person to come into contact with the man, so you know how he entered and such- could you tell me about that?" He asked.

I watched her twirl a ring that was on her hand.

"He walked through the front door." She spoke.

"The door wasn't locked?" He asked.

"No, we only lock it at night" she spoke.

"Do you remember what the man looked like?"

I watched her hesitate

She went silent for a good few seconds, making myself exchange a glance with the officers.

"I-I don't."