Sixteen

And that's what we did

We got smoothies, we sat down and we talked

We didn't talk about death and how I processed it, we talked about our lives- which were drastically different.

I told him about how I was a full time online student, about how I'm responsible for cleaning the entire house and cooking everyday before my parents get home, how I have no friends besides some across the world from me that I met on Twitter, i told him about my pathetic life, but he listened as if it was the most interesting thing he's ever heard about.

And then he talked about his

About how he met Luke, Cal and Michael in medical school and how they all instantly clicked, they got a house together once they started their internship, he just got out of a relationship, he has two siblings, he's from Australia, he's the lead surgeon in the emergency department and also runs the ER, which he seemed more than proud of.

"Was it hard leaving your family to come here?" I asked him.

"Yes and no" he spoke quietly.

"No, because I knew I was doing it for them. I send my family money out of every check I get- I help provide for them because my dad is a piece of shit who doesn't give a fuck about the family he created" he spoke slowly.

"And yes, because both my brother and sister were really young when I left, and I missed a lot of their childhood, which I still regret, but I keep up with them on social media, and FaceTime and such" he spoke quietly.

"In the end it's all worth it, because I wouldn't be making half the money in Australia that I am here- and I love living here, I love this city, the culture- I don't know that I would leave even if I did go through a pay cut" he spoke quietly.

I looked to his hands, which were on the table

He had multiple rings on his fingers

"Are you shy?" He asked me, drawing me away from his hands.

"Not really" I spoke quietly.

"Do I seem shy?" I asked him slowly.

"No and yes" he smiled.

"Like, when I get you talking on the right subject, you don't seem shy at all, but around new people and when I first met you, you seemed really shy" he spoke.

"I'm just not used to meeting so many new people" I told him truthfully.

"I understand" he spoke quietly.

"You trust a lot too" he spoke.

"I don't think that's a good thing" I laughed to him lightly.

That made him smile.

"It depends on who you're letting have your trust"

"Like the night you broke your nose- letting Michael set your nose without questioning him or even crying- that was fucking awesome." He spoke, making me lightly smile.

"But, right now you really need to be careful trusting anyone but us, your mom and the police" he spoke, making me nod- I knew that.

"When do you think all of this will be over?"