One

Andrea.

I sat on my knees, holding pressure to my dads shoulder as he bled out.

His blood was everywhere, he was unconscious, my mom was screaming to 911, I just stared at the situation- looking between my dad and the wide open front door

This wasn't the first time.

This wasn't the first time someone had broken into our house, hit my mom and I to get their ultimate revenge on my father.

My dad was in gangs, he sold drugs, and overall- he was an ultimate asshole who wouldn't change his habits to even keep his family safe.

But he was still my dad

I still loved him

And I surely wasn't going to let him bleed out on the living room floor.

"Andrea- I see the lights" my mom sobbed out, blood running from her cheekbone from taking a solid hit with the butt of the gun.

Luckily, she only took one solid one.

I stayed dead silent and still until I saw the paramedics entering our house.

They surrounded, making me take my hands away, covering it with gauze.

They put him on a gurney quickly, rushing everyone.

"Only one can ride in the ambulance." The paramedic spoke as my mom and I followed into the ambulance.

"She's my daughter- she cant drive-" "then she comes with and you drive."

So that's what we did.

I sat in complete silence, watching a man try and stop my dads bleeding- getting no where.

I bounced my knee, silent.

"Rick" the man with me yelled to the driver.

"Yeah?" The driver yelled out.

"I believe the bullet is about an inch from the heart and ventricles, speed it up."

And that's when shit went into action.

I watched the paramedic prepare an AED, preparing himself for the worst.

I did not want to see my dad get shocked back to life.

I didn't want to see him die.

So I looked to the dry blood on my hands, exhaling slowly.

Suddenly, we came to an abrupt stop.

The doors flung open, several doctors immediately pulling my dads gurney out of the ambulance.

I stayed seated, watching them run into the building.

"Kid?" The drivers voice spoke quietly, making me glance to him.

"Come on, I'll walk you in so you know where to go." He mumbled.

I followed him through several chaotic rooms, never seeing my dad.

He walked me into a hallway, pointing to a chair.

"I'm going to tell some nurses to get a doctor to check you out-" "I'm okay." I told him slowly.

"No- you have visible injuries, your nose is crooked, you have black eyes and I think you need a few stitches on top of that, so no arguing." He spoke, making me bounce my knee slowly.

"Just wait here, someone will come to help you"

"No one can help me"