Chapter 5: Child, Day 1

Start from the beginning

Ciel’s eyebrows drew down in slight confusion. “But you’re a demo-” The Earl stopped short. How would he know if young demons functioned like normal human children or not? He knew they needed to eat. Sebastian had confronted him about being hungry a number of days ago and the Earl had experimented with different options in order to satisfy the demon. Eventually it was discovered that Sebastian was filled with the small souls of woodland creatures like squirrels and birds, add a few attempts at human food consumption that didn’t go so well. Maybe demon children needed to get rid of left over soul waste?

The Earl sighed in defeat and stood up. “Very well, but I’m not letting you out of my sight until we get there.”

Sebastian nodded and jumped up in exaggerated hurry. The two of them exited the study and made their way down the hall.

~*Baby:Butler*~

Five or ten minutes is understandable, maybe even twenty. But to have to wait almost half an hour for a demon – even a normal human – to finish his private business was just strange. The Earl was growing even more annoyed, if that was possible.

“Sebastian, are you almost finished?” Ciel eventually asked, through the thick wooden door. He received no answer and tried again, “Sebastian?”

More silence. Hesitating, the young Earl placed his hand on the silver door handle.

“Sebastian! Pleeease get down from there! You’ll hurt yourself!” Finnian’s helpless voice travelled up the stairs and Ciel let out a loud groan.

Of course, he got away, Ciel mentally muttered. The Earl turned on his heel and marched down the stairs with the aura of an adult. The troublemaking demon was currently swinging on the very expensive golden chandelier that hung in the front foyer. If the child saw Ciel or his expression, the demon made no move to stop his means of entertainment.

“Sebastian, I order you to get down now,” commanded the Earl, knowing the contract was vague with their situation. No matter how he tried, Sebastian never answered to his orders at all or he did so very slowly. It was the last thread of hope that Ciel had with controlling the child, one that was slowly slipping away.

“Hello Lord Earl~!” Another voice which said Earl tensed at. Slowly turning to the left, to face the front door, Ciel met gazes – well gaze to eyelids – with Lau and his inappropriately dressed companion, Ran-Mao.

Before Ciel could utter a single word, Sebastian flipped off of the chandelier and landed gracefully on his feet, wings outstretched. “Who’s this, Ciel?” he asked, curiously.

Lau peered down at the abnormal child through the creases between his eyelids and smiled. “Hello, I’m Lau and this is Ran-Mao, who may you be?”

“Sebastian’s nephew, Finny, take care of this,” Ciel waved his hand at Sebastian and began guiding Lau and his ever silent ‘sister’ to his study. Ciel’s appearing headache grew worse by the minutes.

While the Earl disappeared with the two mysterious new guests, Sebastian was mentally bursting with excitement and ideas of fun.