Chapter 5: Child, Day 1

Disclaimer: Yana Toboso is the rightful owner of Kuroshitsuji and the lovely characters that belong to that series. No copyright infringement intended.

Baby Butler

-

Chapter 5: Child, Day 1

-

Sebastian had grown again, much to Ciel’s thankful relief. Two days as an infant and four days as a toddler.

Please let this child form go by faster, Ciel pleaded silently. Since the Earl of Phantomhive had woken up that morning, he had watched half of his fine china crash into pieces and three windows on the top floor were shattered. The house was in utter chaos.

Ciel had locked himself in his study with the trouble making demon child. The young Earl wasn’t sure how he even thought it to be a good idea in the first place.

While Sebastian had gotten bigger, his curiosity had grown as well. The demon was now up to Ciel’s elbow and his wings and tail got in the way of everything. While the mansion had previously gotten most of the damage, Ciel could now say that his wardrobe was treated much the same. Little Sebastian had stopped stealing Ciel’s eye patch and rings but now had retorted to stealing Ciel’s cane, heeled shoes and jackets. The young demon took great fun in imitating the agitated Earl.

“Ciel is mad,” Sebastian commented. He was staring at the annoyed thirteen-year-old boy with those wide rose coloured eyes.

Ciel glanced at the demon with a sarcastic look and muttered an ‘I wonder why’ under his breath. Sebastian’s mouth turned down into a frown, obviously hearing the hushed remark. With a sigh, Ciel turned his attention back to the several sheets of important documents that he was meant to sign. Business alliances, company deals and other issues were printed onto the thin sheets of white with perfect black letters.

“Don’t touch that,” commanded Ciel, not even looking up from the papers. He didn’t need to in order to know that Sebastian was reaching for something on the walls or shelves that lined the walls of the study. The young demon let out a soft whine but sat down in on of the chairs that were used for guests or business meetings.

Sebastian wasn’t happy, he was bored. Ciel wasn’t letting him have any fun. This annoyed the young demon and made him restless. Now a restless and annoyed demon was never a good mix. The raven-haired ex-butler would just have to find some way to entertain himself.

Ciel glanced up at the silent Sebastian, checking to see that the demon child hadn’t managed to sneak off on him, again. To the Earl’s relief, little Sebastian was lazily seated in one of the leather armchairs. But the demon looked a little sinister in Ciel’s opinion, as if a devious plan was forming in his head. Ciel paused what he was doing and kept his one-eyed gaze on the suspicious looking demon. The young Earl had a bad feeling about the demonic smirk that rested on Sebastian’s young pale face.

“Sebastian, what are you smirking at?” the Earl eventually asked.

At the sound of Ciel’s voice, Sebastian’s smirk disappeared and a restless look replaced it. “May I go to the water closet?” was all he asked. (A/N: a common term used in the Victorian era when referring to the washroom)