Chapter 4: Toddler, Day 3

Disclaimer: Yana Toboso is the rightful owner of Kuroshitsuji and the lovely characters that belong to that series. No copyright infringement intended.

Baby Butler

Chapter 4: Toddler, Day 3

“Big bro-the-rr,” called a soft voice.

Ciel Phantomhive groaned and rolled over on his bed, putting himself into the reach of a certain ruby-eyed child. Sebastian tugged on the white sleeve that was resting on the edge of the mattress.

“Broth-errr!” He tried again and tugged harder, nearly tearing the thin fabric.

“Go away,” mumbled Ciel, his face buried in his pillow.

Sebastian tilted his head slightly, not able to understand what was said. “Up!” the demon whined, poking Ciel’s arm repeatedly.

The Earl moved the arm and waved it at Sebastian’s face, trying to push the annoyance away. A big mistake on Ciel’s part because next thing he knew, hands wrapped around his wrist and he hit the cold floor.

Ciel cursed under his breath and turned onto his stomach, groaning. Little Sebastian merely giggled in an innocent manner and dropped Ciel’s arm. “Up!

“Where’s Tanaka?” grumbled Ciel, opening his left eye.

Sebastian replied after a pause, “Food.”

“He’s cooking food?” Ciel questioned.

Sebastian nodded and flashed a cheeky grin, before running out of the room. The dark wood door slammed behind him. Ciel sighed and stood up, grabbing the pile of blankets that rested at his feet and throwing them on the bed. The curtains only let a dim light into the room. Ciel guessed it to be way before his scheduled wake up time.

“Tanaka won’t be in here for a while and I won’t be able to sleep anymore. I might as well dress myself,” mumbled the Earl.

Ciel chose himself a dark green jacket and shorts assemble with his usual socks, garters, neck ribbon, and heeled shoes.  Turning to his side table for his eye patch and rings, Ciel faced the smooth surface to only find a vase of silver roses – Ciel’s favourite flower – and two empty velvet-lined boxes that should have held his two family rings.

“Damn it! Sebastian!” Ciel yelled.

The little bugger took my stuff, thought Ciel, letting out an angry growl.

Sebastian!” Ciel called, louder. He let his growing anger slip into his voice, making the name have a strong command behind it. Sebastian had to come; it was part of the contract they shared.

But still, little Sebastian never appeared. Ciel grumbled and closed his right eye, hiding the strange glowing pentagram marking on his eye. He made sure to check in every room on the top floor before making his way downstairs to look for the sneaky demon.