Chapter 15

Is he back?

Dipper had gone to the Attic and locked the door behind him. Then he laid down in his bed and covered himself with his blanket, not caring if he was going to bake under it, because of the hoodie he was still wearing.

"Bill." Dipper said, but did not receive an answer. "Are you there?" He tried again. "How did it go, kid?" Bill finally said. Dipper grunted. "It was awful!" He said, his voice muffled by the covers.

"Come on now, kid! I'm sure it wasn-" Bill said with his usual sneering tone, but was cut off short by Dipper pushing off the covers and sitting up.

"Ford wants to move the statue in the lab...and surround it with Unicorn hair." He whispered with his head down, but was sure Bill heard him.

"....WHAT?!" Bill shouted. Dipper squinted his eyes at the demon's sudden, but expected, outburst. "You need to bring me back. Now!" Dipper felt the urge again. This time stronger than ever. But he didn't even try to stand up. "What are you doing? Get up!" Bill insisted. All Dipper did was to lay back down and stare at the ceiling.

"Didn't you want to bring me back?!" The demon questioned, and no matter how out of character it was, he was starting to panic. But of course, he didn't show it.

"And I still do, but...the aftermath is what scares me." He said and sighed loudly. "What are you talking about?" Bill said, starting to lose any patience he had left.

"You damn well know what I mean." The brunette answered tiredly. "We both know what will happen after I bring you back." He continued. Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself for the words which were to follow to fly in the air, being there only to anger Bill more.

"You always wanted to take over the World. After you come back, you'll do the same. You will once again torture people and try to kill my family."

Bill stayed silent for a couple of seconds.

"Dipper." He said at last.

The first thing that popped in the brunette's mind was...

'How did you call me?'

"Million's of years I've been trying to take over your World. Last summer for me was the most horrid I've ever had. I never imagined I'd be defeated in such ridiculous way."

Dipper was still baffled, by the use of his name. Bill never before used it and he thought he would never hear it from him. "But. I had some time to overthink some things. And the time that I spent in your body was pretty fun, so I thought I might try with my own Meatsack and...start living as a human."

The demon finished. Dipper was shocked. He never thought he would hear such honesty from a Demon, and be it Bill at that. And yet, he didn't know if he's supposed to trust a word he says. But nevertheless, after he rethought everything, he jumped off his bed and rushed to the door. He unlocked it and scurried down the stairs. When he opened the front door though, he was met with his two Grunkles.

Ford was in the Cart and Stan was on the porch. They turned towards him and Ford started. "Are you going out, Dipper?" The brunette cussed under his breath, thankfully not audible enough for them to hear.

"Um, no I...where are you going?" He questioned trying to move the subject of talk from himself. "To the woods. To take Bill." Dipper's eyes widened. "You're really going to bring him here?! What if something goes wrong?? Grunkle Stan, are you really okay with this?!" He finished yelling, turning towards Stan who was extremely surprised by his nephew's tantrum.

"Well, not really, but it is in fact safer if he's in the Shack under constant surveillance than leave him in the middle of the Woods." He stated. Dipper couldn't really argue with that. He then felt that the urge was disappearing gradually.