Radiation gave me life

While Rip summed up the mission, a ringing tone filled my ears and my vision was blurred. "It is not yet clear to me why Vandal went here, there is nothing he can change on the timeline that he can benefit from and yet it is a level 9." Rip studied the holographic timeline that Gideon showed.

The timeline changed to blueprint the reactor. "Vandal will most likely be hiding in the control room of the reactor." Pointing at the location on the map. "In theory, we can surround him there and then, maybe take him down for good." There was a spark of hope in his voice. There was nothing else Rip wanted more than to take out Vandal and save his family.

The plan was simple in words, but the execution became a challenge. There appeared to have been some problems the day the plant exploded. Fifteen people were involved in the explosion that day and all fifteen involved did not survive. Elliot Bucklend, chief engineer of the nuclear power plant, was present that day with his heavily pregnant wife Mona. The others involved were employees, the media, and family and friends.
This was the first nuclear power plant in the world, after years of testing and failure, the day had finally arrived for the great unveiling. The day the nuclear power plant was started for good. It was world news, but not in the way they had expected.

The involved would have been locked in the control room, the doors were closed from the outside. There would have been hand prints on the door trying to open it, but there were no bodies at the door. All bodies were found in the centre of the room near the control panel. The most remarkable thing about everything was that Bucklend and wife, Mona, lay in a perfect circle unaffected by the radioactive radiation. There were no explanations for all those events. After months of investigation, the only thing the forensic team was able to exclude was that the failure was caused by a routine shutdown in which the turbines that were currently overloaded due to the release of steam an explosion led to a fire. The fire caused an explosion in the generator. Before they could take action to prevent it, they asked everyone to evacuate. They were too late for that too.

Everyone was already ready outside to walk to the nuclear power plant, Rip was finished with his explanation, of which I clearly barely got anything out of and was the last one who left the room. "Miss Y/N?" Rip pulled me out of my mind. "Uh?" I looked around in confusion. "Where are the others?" He looked at me with a smiling sigh through his nose. "They are already outside." I nodded. "That's right." A strange gut feeling formed inside. Nothing about this mission felt right.

Together we walked outside and joined the others. "Look who finally decided to come." Was Leonard's nasty remark. I rolled my eyes and didn't respond.

The road to the plant was short, we crept in through the main entrance and separated. Leonard, Mick, Sara and Rip took the top floor so that Dr. Martin, Jeffery, Ray and myself took the first floor. It was unclear what time the control panel would explode when the alarm would go off and I would teleport everyone back to the Waverider.
Ray and I formed a team and so did Dr, Martin and Jeffery. "Scan the property and report through the intercoms." Declared Ray.

After everyone's last nod, we went in our chosen direction."I don't like this, Ray, I have a bad feeling about this." I told Ray. He looked at me over his shoulder. "Why?" I looked around and absorbed the environment. "Don't know, I can't explain. As if something is going to happen, something bad." He nodded understandably. "You are no longer alone, whatever you endure we do with you." He looked at me with a reassuring smile. "You belong to this team now, we'll fight for you no matter what." His hands rested on my shoulders.

The plant was suspiciously quiet. "Found anything yet?" Sara's voice broke the silence. "Nothing on our side." Jeffery reported. Ray also said that we had not found anything yet. "Nothing." Mick grumbled. "Perhaps we should look into the control room, there is a balcony that leads into the room, if we are up there they should not be able to see us." Rip sacrificed. We could probably try it.