7.

"I've got something for you". Marben turned her head so quickly she almost hurt herself.
"Five!". Crouching on the windowsill, the boy gave her a cheeky grin in lieu of a greeting.
"Who did you expect, Santa Claus?". Marben gave him a pointed look and tittered. Very prettily, in Five's opinion.
"I'd rather keep you, thanks" she said.
"Extremely wise decision, considering Santa Claus isn't real!".
"Or considering Santa Claus hasn't got pretty green eyes and cute dimples". Five flushed violently coughing a nervous little laugh, and Marben was vividly reminded of how she had felt herself fall for him, a few weeks prior when they had first met. She felt like it was happening all over again.
Seeing how Five was at a total loss for words, she decided to help him.
"So. What is it?".
"Wha'..." Five cleared his throat, hoping it would chase away the cracky squeak it had just produced. "What?".
"You said you brought me something".
"OH! Yes!".

Waving a brown paper bag, Five stretched out his free hand to invite her outside; Marben smiled brightly and took it just for the excuse of touching him, since she wasn't in need of any assistance to climb out of the window. On the fire escape, Five made a show to take a seat on a step and pat it, asking Marben to do the same by his side. She acquiesced, trying to peek what was inside the paper bag.
"Not yet, you curious little thing!".
"But Five, you're taking too long!". The boy chuckled and finally pulled out a square envelope from the bag.
"Peanut butter and marshmallows sandwich, my lady" he explained, trying to sound posh while peeling the paper away from the bread. "Welcome to the New World".
"I've...never tried it, before..." whispered Marben, watching the sandwich with puzzlement. "I don't even know what peanut butter alone tastes like, to be honest!".
"Let's take baby steps, then. This delicacy deserves to be savored with the utmost devotion!".
Five and Marben grinned goofily at each other and then laughed as Five opened the sandwich, picked up a peanut butter smeared marshmallow and offered it to Marben. She took it, and with a curious smile put it into her mouth. Only to immediately scrunch her face in a pained grimace.
"What, don't you like it?" asked Five, a little disappointed. "Is it really that disgusting?".
"My teeth hurt so bad!".
"Gee...swallow, then, quickly!". Marben did just that, fighting a little with the viscosity of the not-quite-yet melted marshmallow, but once the candy was completely removed from her teeth she felt slightly better.
"Ouch" she mumbled behind the hand she kept pressed on her mouth, under the scrutiny of a mortified Five.
"Shit, I'm sorry Marben...".
"No, don't be! It's just sensitivity, it'll pass in a tick!".
She grabbed Five's hand and squeezed it, to let him know she appreciated his gift anyway; the boy looked at her timidly, almost guiltily, but when he saw that behind the hand she was smiling he relaxed, and smiled back softly.

They looked at each other for some time, without saying a world, just holding hands. When Marben felt better she insisted in trying the peanut butter, so Five split the sandwich once more and gave her a tiny piece of bread completely devoid of marshmallows; when she tried it, Marben's eyes went wide and she groaned in such an undignified way that snatched a guffaw from Five - who was trying really hard to not let the sound affect him in any of the very confusing ways his pubescent body suggested.
The Moon rose and set while the two teens talked about everything and nothing, sharing fond smiles and a single peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich, bread and peanut butter for Marben, and raw marshmallows for Five that for the entire time thought to have never had something more delicious in his whole life.

A/N: ...a little sweetness for these guys.

Still no messages...really, is there not even a mistake to be corrected in the first seven chapters?

I wish every single one of you a happy new year. Love.

A/N: ...a little sweetness for these guys.
Still no messages...really, is there not even a mistake to be corrected in the first seven chapters?
I wish every single one of you a happy new year. Love.