"Gross!" Natsu thought.

"Cana daughter of Gildarts titan of the day and Cornelia titaness of the night. Laxus son of Ivan titan of strength, grandson of Makarov titan of wisdom and oracle. Bickslow and Freed sons of Warrod titan of nature and his mortal lover but she died in a fire while she was still pregnant so Warrod had them be reborn from him as gods. Like Mavis Evergreen and Gajeel have no parents she rose up from sea foam and he was craved from iron and metal."

Natsu was amazed. He never knew that so many gods were born in so many different ways.

"Finally there's me." Lucy sighed. "My father is Jude titan of balance and my mother is Layla a nymph. His job is to hold up the earth and tend to Sonya. He wasn't around much when I was growing up but I can't really blame him because he has to keep the whole world in balance."

"At least he didn't try to eat you like my father did." Natsu said.

"That's all the gods family trees mapped out and recorded." Lucy said putting the scrolls away. "Now why don't we go for a walk?"

They went outside together and looked up at the morning sky, feeling the fresh breeze blowing. The temperature was perfect, not too cold or too hot. Nice and warm. She sat down under the shade of tree and just looked out at the beauty of the world.

"You know what's funny?" She told the cuckoo. "I'm a goddess of love and marriage but I don't ever want to get married."

Now that was a huge surprise to Natsu. He figured that a goddess like Lucy couldn't wait to get married.

"Do you wanna know why I don't want to get married?"

Natsu nodded.

"Promise not to tell?"

He nodded again.

"Okay. Once I did want to get married in fact it was my greatest dream. To fall in love, get married, and have a family. I came close to achieving that dream when I met him, Loke God of the stars. He was so handsome and charming and attentive. It wasn't long before we became engaged, our wedding would have been the greatest event of the millennium but...It wasn't meant to be."

Natsu looked at her as if to ask her what had gone wrong.

"It all started when Loke gave me a very interesting wedding gift, a beautiful white lamb to serve as my companion. I called her Aries and I found her to be such a delight but I noticed that Loke was awfully affectionate with her, more so than I was and every night he always insisted that she spend the night in his chambers. One night I asked Erza to have her pet owl spy on them from the window of his chamber and I later found out that Aries was really Loke's mortal mistress who he disguised as a sheep in order to sneak her into the palace and right under my nose."

Natsu saw her cheeks turn red with rage.

"I couldn't remember the last time I was so angry and hurt. I punished him by turning him into a lion and selling him to a human circus."

"Harsh." Natsu thought.

"But some time after that Aries came to me begging that I change him back. She insisted that they were in love and that Loke was planning on calling off the wedding so he could marry her instead. At first I refused, then she asked me if I would turn her into a lioness and sell her to that same circus because she couldn't stand to live without him and well I'm a hopeless romantic so I changed him back. Bottom line is I don't want to ever get married because I don't ever want to get my heart broken again like last time."

Natsu felt a great compassion for the young goddess. No wonder she was so strict about marriage and harbored such an intense hatred toward unfaithful men. Now Natsu was a womanizer but even he believed that cheating on your fiance or your spouse was low. Real low.

Natsu saw tears streaming down Lucy's cheeks. He flew up to her shoulder and began to nuzzle her neck comfortingly. She smiled and rubbed his feathers with her fingers.

"It's okay." She said. "It doesn't really hurt me as much as it used to. My work keeps me from thinking about it and I'm not really lonely. I have my friends Erza and Mirajane and now you...That is if you want to stay. You're free to leave any time you want, I don't believe in keeping animals in cages."

Yes, Natsu was indeed free to fly away if he wanted to but he chose to stay with Lucy. From that moment on the two of them were always together and she took very good care of him. She feed him fresh nuts, berries, and seeds, she bathed him, and she always checked his hurt wing. He went with her to work, they ate together, walked together, and sometimes they would sleep together but not like that. He would sleep on a silken pillow that was laid next to her. He was her constant companion and she felt like that she could talk to him about anything but what she didn't realize was that during all that time they spent together, Natsu was falling in love with her.