Back To Work

Leeeezzz gooooo

Y/N's POV:

With our short break now over I find myself standing in front of my men. Behind us are transport ships that will take us up to a star destroyer where we will be stationed for the time being.

Sandman: Looks like that's everyone sir.

I nod as I overlook the shining white armor of the battalion.

Y/N: Alright I hope you all got the rest you deserved. But now is the time for us to head back. Hold your heads up high men.

And so they all break off into different transport ships. I go into my ship with my closest soldiers.

Natalie: Well you it's good to see you guys again.

Ethan: Yeah it is huh?

Ace: I suppose.

I lightly hit his shoulder.

Y/N: You know you missed us.

Ace: I'd be lying if I said you guys weren't my friends. Happy?

Jane: Awe he does care.

Sandman: I for one enjoyed the quiet.

Bruce: Didn't you buy a farm?

Brock: Yeah I coulda sworn I bought some fruit from you.

Sandman: I'm surprised your sober enough to remember.

The ship goes quiet. We all know deep down we all drowned our sorrows in liquor. The silence doesn't last for long as we begin to dock onto the star destroyer.

Y/N: Alright you all better behave yourselves out there. Let's go.

We walk out of our transport ship and as do the rest of the battalion. They all get into formation and I stand in front of them awaiting the ship's captain.

Avilla: Well if it isn't Sergeant Knox.

I turn to see the red headed ship captain. She has a small smile on her lips.

Y/N: Didn't realize we'd be working together again.

Avilla: It only seems fitting I find you back on my ship.

Y/N: Try not to get shot down this time.

She rolls her eyes.

Y/N: Alright everyone you know the drill, play nice and don't fuck around.

They all salute before I dismiss them.

Avilla: A word Sergeant?

I nod my head and follow her as she leads me to the bridge. From there we can see the stars.

Avilla: I suppose thanks are in order.

Y/N: And why's that?

Avilla: If it weren't for you I'd probably be living a life of servitude.

Y/N: I just figured you'd make a better captain than a slave.

Avilla: And if it weren't for your plan none of us would have made it off of that hell hole.

Y/N: I did what I had to do. For my men and your men.

Avilla: How do you do it?

Y/N: Do what?

Avilla: How is it that you manage to lead the way you do? Aren't you scared?

I sigh and rotate my shoulders.