Hunted

Lllllleeeeeeezzzzzz gooooooooooooo

Y/N's POV:

I stand at the gates of our base with Sandman. The sun is out and the sky is clear. No sounds of bombers, artillery, or those damn bugles.

Y/N: So Sandman, tell me about yourself.

Sandman: Everything you need to know is in my files.

Y/N: Yeah but everything on your files is covered in black ink.

Sandman: So?

Y/N: So I want to know who's watching my back and vice versa.

He sighs.

Sandman: That an order?

Y/N: No. I'd just like to know to the people in my squad.

Sandman sighs and adjusts his helmet.

Sandman: I'm from Tatooine. I grew up on a moisture farm. Not wanting the farmer life I found a recruiter. They gave me a shot and I owe my life to the Empire. I would've still been a farmer of quite possibly dead at the hands of raiders.

Y/N: So why all the black ink?

Sandman: I've done some shit sir. Shit that I can't tell anyone.

Y/N: Fair enough.

Sandman: Movement.

I look to where he's pointing. I see a cloud of dust racing towards us. So we both aim our weapons at the cloud of dust. But then an imperial convoy of six armored assault vehicles.

Y/N: Oh shit they're hauling ass.

Sandman: Make sure their friendly.

The gate begins the open and look at the operator.

Y/N: What the fuck are you doing?!

Trooper: Sir we have comms with the convoy. They have wounded.

Y/N: Did they give the damn code word?!

Trooper: Yes sir.

I sigh.

Y/N: Alright Sandman take a step back and let them in.

Sandman: Copy that.

We step aside and let the convoy in. The on base combat medics rush to meet them. Doc included. They unload at least 8 wounded. 9 dead. And the rest more or less unscathed.

Y/N: What in the world could've done this?

Sandman: More like who. Sir.

Y/N: Damn.

And so our shift ends and we're brought into a briefing room with my squad. I stand as I go ahead and go over what happened.

Y/N: Okay the 108th infantry went out to assault a rebel controlled village when they were in the woods. The perpetrator used unfamiliar weaponry. They stayed in the trees. Apparently were able to blend in to their surroundings.

Zero: Any idea what type of weapon it was?

Y/N: It was unfamiliar. The weapon however was able to shatter our armor and tore through the flesh. Shots came off at a rapid speed and were hard to hear. It's assumed they had a way to suppress their weapon.

Ethan: And the wounded? Any word on them?

Doc walks in and his armor is red with blood.

Doc: We lost 3 of the wounded. Whoever did this wanted them to have a slow and painful death.