Sheer Willpower

Leeezzzz gooooooo

Y/N's POV:

I stand in the gunship as we take off towards the rebel blockade. In my gunship is Jane, Natalie, Zero, Ethan, Ace, Evelyn and Tyler. Our main objective is to land on the rebels flagship and blow it to hell.

Outside the roar of fighter craft fills my ears. All is quiet as we approach the wall of rebel ships.

Natalie: So who wants to get drinks after this?

Jane: I'd kill for one right about now.

Evelyn: I'm in if Knox pays.

Zero: I'm always ready for a drink sir.

Y/N: Why do I suddenly have to pay for this shit?

Ace: Well sir none of us really want to pay. That and your dragging us into this shit.

Y/N: Not my fault they trapped us here.

Pilot: We are beginning approach. Hang tight back there.

Suddenly the sounds of explosions and blaster fire fills the holding bay.

Pilot: We caught them by surprise. Rebels have yet to deploy X-Wings.

Y/N: Then what's with all the explosions?!

Pilot: We've begun our assault sir.

Y/N: Good.

I look around the holding bay and nod my head. This is going to work, just hope Sandman and the others are holding the rebel scum off on the ground.

Our ship rocks to the side as the pilot takes evasive maneuvers.

Pilot: We're almost to the flag ship!

I feel our ship slowing down before scraping against the outer hull of the ship.

Pilot: Docking hatch is directly below you. Give em hell sir.

I turn to my squad.

Y/N: Lets go earn our damn paychecks.

The side doors open and we immediately attach cables to the outer hull of the rebel flag ship before beginning our descent onto the ship.

We work as a team to get the door open. I take one last look around and see our ships engaging the rebel X-Wings.

We hop down into the ship and land in a corridor.

Tyler: Where to sir?

I hear the sounds of boots coming towards us.

Y/N: Wherever those rebels are coming from.

We turn our blasters to the doorway and wait as a group of rebels turn the corner and are met with our blaster fire.

Y/N: Okay let's move it!

We start making our way through the ship encountering rebel after rebel.

Ethan: Damn that's a lot of them. How you holding up kid?

Tyler: This is...much more different than I could've ever imagined.

Y/N: Don't let the adrenaline get to you.

Tyler: Yes sir.

Y/N: Alright let's move it people we're waisting our time standing around with our heads up our asses.

We come to a corridor that splits off into two. One way leads to the command deck and the other leads to the engine room.

Y/N: Tyler, Ethan and Natalie I need you three to set charges on the engine and get ready to blow this place to hell. Everyone else with me, we're going to cut the head off of this snake.