Recovery

Aaaand we are back. The votes are in and they have been counted. Let's see how our lovely candidates did.

Natalie-9
&
Jane-10!

That's right folks Jane has won the vote in a close race. All votes were counted and I thank everyone who voted for participating.

Lez Go

Y/N's POV:

Y/N: It's you?

In front of me is Jane. The moon reflects off of her brown hair, and her eyes almost seem to gleam. I find my chest to be tightening as my stomach does flips.

Jane: Hey Knox.

We stand a distance apart.

Jane: Sorry for ya know dropping this all on you. I just feel that any day could be my last. And I don't want to regret anything.

I stand there unsure of what to say.

Jane: When I first met you back at bootcamp I just...I just knew you were special. And I really respect how you've never given up during boot and out here.

I watch as she plays with her fingers nervously.

Jane: And I get that your still hung up on...her. And I don't know if your in the right set of mind to get back into a relationship.

I use the crutches to move closer to her.

Jane: Ah who am I kidding. You'd probably want someone who's not constantly in harms way, or maybe girlier...just forget I said anything.

She starts to walk away but I grab her hand. She turns to me.

Y/N: Jane I...I want to try. At the very least I want to try.

She smiles and I pull her into a hug.

Cue the Recovery Montage 3rd Person POV:

Knox is seen getting his bandages removed and finally being able to shower.

Knox begins hydro therapy and walks on a treadmill submerged under water. Sandman is on a bike that's submerged.

Knox is seen walking on a treadmill with a slight limp. He powers through the discomfort.

End of montage

Y/N's POV:

I stand guard at the gate of the base with Jane.

Jane: It's good to have you back on your feet.

Y/N: Yeah I was getting tired of that room. It was getting stuffy.

She laughs as we watch for any movement.

Jane: So you wanna get some chow together?

I make my best higher up impression.

Y/N: I was under the assumption you would be joining me for dinner m'lady.

She hits my arm.

Jane: God your stupid.

I place my hand over my heart and pretend to be hurt.

Y/N: That is no way to talk to your superior officer.

Jane: What about my boyfriend?

I roll my eyes.

Y/N: That's a cheap move, cheap move.

Jane: Eh it works though.

Now this whole relationship thing is...weird for me. A part of me still clings to the love that I lost. But then the other part of me clings to Natalie's words on moving on. Jane is an amazing girl I won't deny that. But I don't want to feel like I'm replacing Juliet with her.