Chapter 3 : Let the Cupcake Apocalypse Begin.

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like the bell. I better be going. You know how maddening Ms. Winifred can be." I say with a triumphant smirk on my face.

Aware of the staring daggers Kelly is giving me right about now at how I abruptly left I just smile as I turn the corner of the hallway making my way to History.

Saved by the bell

Glancing back at Kelly and not looking at where I'm going I bump into something or someone. My glasses drop off of my face and everything becomes a blur. I can sense the figure bending down probably to pick them up. Wasn't this new? I'm pretty sure if that was Serena she would've had her way with my glasses. This could not be her.

"I think these belong to you." A husky voice says.

I feel the glasses connect with my face and my vision becomes clear. But after getting a good luck of the person in front of me I now want to go blind. Carter Woods. My throat becomes dry and my toes sweat in a highly strung fashion. Yeah, I get sweaty toes when I'm nervous. Not everyone is perfect..

"I-Uh-Thanks." I stuttered trying to keep my fidgeting under control

He gave me a smooth nod before walking past me brushing my shoulder a bit with his. I guess saying you're welcome would use too much of his precious handsome energy. Note the sarcasm. I continued to History. When I arrived at the classroom door before I can knock it sweeps open and a girl scurries out quickly. Her frizzy orange curls bounced as she ran off. I poke my head into the door and almost bumped heads with Allison Tater, one of Serena's minions.

"She seems guilty." Allison says looking directly at me.

I bit my lip and glanced down at the floor scrunching my nose a bit to keep my glasses from falling. This was it. I was a goner.

"No. She does seem like a waste of human life, but by the way she ran off I doubt she did it. Who wouldn't run off if you threatened to cut their hair?" Serena laughed twirling her curl on her index finger.

When Serena finally acknowledged my presence Ms. Winifred had already entered the classroom.

"Sorry I'm late. Those darn toilets in the teacher's restroom are so.." She pauses when she looks up to see our petrified faces not wanting to hear about her visit to the bathroom.

"Right. Well let's take care of important matters, shall we?" She said with a uneasy smile taking out her markers.

After everyone had took their seats the lesson began. Not too long before Ms. Winifred bore the classroom with one of her stories on her allergic reaction to pine cones. That took up all the class session. Every class seemed to float by pretty quickly. At lunch I really wanted to avoid Kelly. I know it sounds worse to you than it sounds to me, but it's not the fact that I don't trust her. But if she knew I wrote that letter I would never live it down. It's weird that we've been to every single school with Carter Woods and I've liked him the very first time I saw him.

Kindergarten.

Yeah, we've known each other since kindergarten. But know would be such a strong word. Even in kinder, he never talked to me. That moment I saw him kiss Lauren Carmichael under the monkey bars I knew I would definitely not stand a chance. Lauren was the miniature version of Serena back then.

The five year old version to be exact.

"Stop!" A voice shouted.

Kelly's voice.

I didn't bother turning around. I boosted my pace. I barely recognized which bathroom I was going in because of glancing back behind me every two seconds. I pushed the door open and ran inside. When I stopped I looked around at the blue tiled wall and all the white urinals around me. Did I just run into the boys bathroom? The two heavy juniors gave me uncanny expressions and so did the upside down chess nerd whose head they were about to dump into the toilet. I didn't even bother to wait and hear the tall one's question. I just pushed the door open and rushed out. I gasped when I saw Kelly standing in front of me with folded arms and an irritated, but mused structure.