02 - 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Alright. Uh, Stanley.", Eddie called out from beside Richie, causing the curly haired boy to glance towards me, then at the small boy across from us. Eddie was still the shortest boy of the group, but since he hit the growth spurt, he's been taller than me. "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Ooh! Is it true that you had feelings for Ashley at one point?", Eddie's eyes landed upon me, which I was glaring at him and making him uncomfortable. I knew Richie set him up to ask Stanley that, which he was making it obvious that he did. Every part of me wanted to argue with him, but there was no point in doing so if I'm just going to get hurt in the end.

"No.", Stanley answered truthfully, "No, it's not true."

I gave Richie a slight smirk, which resulted in him rolling his eyes in annoyance. All he was doing was trying to make me look like a slut, but I wasn't going to let him if it wasn't true that I was one. He's just heartbroken and he has a funny way of showing it. I know deep down somewhere in that cold heart of his hides a little love for me. It's hard to let your first love go, even if you really want to.

Stanley spoke up, bringing me out of my thoughts and causing my eyes to avert towards him and away from Richie. "Truth or Dare, Richie?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss Ashley.", Stanley crossed his arms over his chest, staring at him with that smug look on his face. I got to admit, Stanley has always been the one to not put up with anyone's bullshit – and by anyone, I mean anyone in the group. "Unless you're a chicken?"

"Why would you dare me to kiss her? And no, I'm not a chicken. I just wanna know why the hell you'd do that?"

"Pucker up, lover boy.", I teased. His eyes darted towards me, flashing me an annoyed look. I know he's been mad at me for the longest time, but I had every reason to break up with him.

"Fine.", He grumbled as he stood up from his position, then walked towards me. I stood up as well to make it easier for him to do so. Was I nervous? Yes. Was this a good idea? Probably not. Before I could say anything, he cupped my cheeks and smashed his lips roughly against my own in an attempt to get it over quickly. My eyes stayed open as I took in his demeanor. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as his lips lingered against my own. His right hand travelled to the back of my neck, trying to keep me against him as long as I could possibly stay. My eyes fluttered shut as I relaxed into the kiss, running my hands slowly up his chest towards his shoulders and that's when he broke the kiss. His eyes stayed shut as he leaned his forehead against my own, pressing his lips harshly together to make a straight line.

"Ri–", I was cut off by him pulling away from me fully, then giving Stanley an angry glare.

"I'm leaving.", His words laced with anger as he turned away from all of us and headed towards the entrance.

"Richie.", The Losers all called out, except for me of course. I stood there staring at him as he stopped in his tracks, still not turning back around to look at any of us. He stood there for a minute before finally glancing over at me.

"Ashley, Truth or Dare?"

"..Uh, um..."

"Truth or Dare!?"

"Truth!", I blurted out, afraid to see how he'd react if I didn't answer again.

"Why did you break up with me? Tell me what I did wrong.", His voice cracked slightly, causing my chest to tighten up as I saw the look on his face. Pain. I knew he felt pain after that. I know he didn't want to stop, but to keep him sane he did.