XIV

The people clapped and yelled in gratetude as Jimin opened the gates, quickly streaming through when their way was cleared.

Jimin and Jungkook got seperated by the crowd the moment it crammed through the gates, getting pushed aside as if they hadn't just saved the people from a horrible fait.

"Jungkook!" Jimin yelled, panicking as he lost sight of the young man.

The screaming crowd drowned out Jimin's voice to just another call for help.

He got pushed and shoved and tripped and nearly fell, but managed to stay on his feet.

"Jungkook!?" Taehyung called upon seeing his lost friend, suprising the man with a tight hug.

Jungkook had been busy trying to find Jimin and flinched when Taehyung embraced him.

"Did you open the gate?" Taehyung asked, patting Jungkook's back with a wide smile. "Man it was crazy down here, people were planning to storm the gates before you arrived."

"Yeah..." Jungkook answered wearily, half his brain still trying to locate Jimin. "Listen Tae, they're only letting firstclass women and children on the lifeboats right now... how are you gonna get out of here?"

It looked like Taehyung hadn't yet grasped how serious the situation had become. He gave Jungkook a lazy smile and shrugged. "I'll find a way, I might dress up as a woman or something," he joked.

Jungkook looked his friend in the eyes and was brought back to the moment he and the boy won at pocker and earned their tickets to the great Titanic. The happiness they'd felt had made it seem as if their deepest wishes came true. Two poor countryboys that always traveled the world by horse. How lucky they claimed they were.

Jungkook reached into his pocket and retrieved the stack of dollars Jimin had given him before, shoving them in Taehyung's breastpocket without any doubt.

"Jungkook? What are you-"

"Use that money to buy your place on one of those boats okay? If one person doesn't take it try the next."

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung by the neck and pressed their foreheads together.

Time seemed to stop, his heart as well, but he knew that this was the right descision, deep inside he knew it was the best choice.

"What will you do Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, eyes watering now that it semeed the man started to understand.

Jungkook chuckled through the tears welling up in his eyes. "We had good times Tae..." he said, smiling even though his soul cracked.

Taehyung shook his head and tried to make Jungkook see reason, but before the boy could open his mouth Jungkook nudged him into the stream of people.

"Jungkook! You idiot!" Taehyung screamed, tears falling from his eyes and trickeling down his face.

The boy was dragged away by the crowd of people that stopped for no one and Jungkook laughed through the pain as he waved at Taehyung. He tried to focus on the fact that his dear friend would survive this, and live on to succeed at life the way they'd always planned to.

Jungkook dried his eyes as he waited for the stream of people to end, hoping he'd see his flower standing somewhere.

"Jungkook!" Jimin called when most people had gone.

The boy catapulted himself in Jungkook's arms and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Let's find Tae," he said, looking up at Jungkook as the boy stroked his hair and gave a small smile.