I Got You...

The cold made me sneeze as I lost my way to the Marriott. I sat beside the phone booth thinking of people to call. But as usual I didn't know any one. I walked back along the cold wet streets. My body shivering and shaking for warmth.

I could remember how Zoe used to hold me and kiss me when I told her I was cold. But that was all over now. My dreams had vanished. No one was there for me not at all. I was all alone with no one to care for or to be cared for.

I looked and watched the cars pass by in the big street. I rubbed my growling stomach and began to cross the street. I made my way toward the other side of the street. My stomach ached and I rushed by.

A loud horn scared me and I remembered being knocked down onto the ground and throwing up blood. My face began to burn And I cried softly. As the pain went from my head to my stomach. I passed out.

The noise of a heart monitor went on. I looked around the room and saw someone standing over the bed. I moaned.

" Are you okay?," I looked at the person waiting for my view to come clear. Then shook my head.

I tried to utter but nothing came out.

" Do you remember me?," I shook my head and waited for them to reply. As I reached up I saw my wrist was fractured. I moaned and saw my ex rays on the light. I looked up a little more and my eyes were staring back at a pair of gray eyes.

They reminded me of someone. And when I opened my eyes to see that someone I began to cry. As the woman began to cry too. She grabbed my hand. I pulled my body closer to hers and cried,

" No body is ever there for me! Its like I always end up in a pile of shit! No one cares about me any more! I wish LA LA was still here!," I cried.

Gwen pulled my face up to hers placing her lips on mines as I cried to her. She rubbed my face and said,

" Tai'Lani, baby girl I got you... Do you understand?," I stared at her and she wiped my tears with the pad of her thumb.

"Do you understand Tai?," I rubbed her hand and nod my head.

" Baby girl don't worry about nothing, because... I got you,"... She kissed me slowly again...