The Report Card...✉

Here I am. Standing in front of my mama. In her hand is a opened letter. Not just any old letter. Its that damn REPORT CARD. The great big tear that used to be sealed shut with the lick of the women who seals it in the office. I held my arm tight.

1 hour earlier...................

The day to summer break was slowly ending as everyone received their report cards. Our class did not behave well so our teacher, Mrs Minor sent them home earlier.

Therefore no one was aloud to see what they had. I watched the clock as the little hand hit the four. And the bell rang. School was out. Time to go home.

I entered the hallway combining my self with the other kids. Some yelled.

" That 2.5 going crazy home!" Some screaming " I got a 3.5!!!" Then there was the school lames. Biggest grin I've ever seen.

"What is it? A fucking 4.0! I'm a boss!," then there was me, a empty handed school cheerleader. I sighed and made my way out to the bus stop, destined to get to my report card.

The bus picked me up at 4' I was going too be in trouble and if the grades weren't on point I should just grab a shovel and start digging up six feet.

I finally made it home. The loud hollers of my mom roared from the open door of my brick house. I slowly took a step onto the front porch and made myself inside. I saw her sitting on the couch. I quickly went up the first few steps.

" Tai'Lani Smith," I groaned turned myself to face my mama. Light skin with red hair flowing down to her waist. Tattoos up to her neck and down to her ankles.

No wonder she didn't have an appropriate job, but no time to be talking about mama this was about me.

" So.... What do you think this shit is about?" She asked flatly. I didn't look into her green contacts. She sat in silence for a while .

Then she spoke out again. " Do you think this shit is a game?," I stayed silent again. Mama stood on up and walked toward me, my palms were sweaty. And she was closer to me.

" Look at me when I'm talking...," I lifted my head and stared at her. Mama caught my sly smirk and scoffed.

" Oh really?" I put my head down and caught a fist to the chest and fell down. Mama yanked me up to my feet and slammed another fist to my cheek.

I looked at her as she grabbed my report card and began,

" Science... D, Social studies... D Reading... C- , Math... F- what the fuck! Art D+. You dumb ass bitch!," I stared into my mamas eyes. She gripped my hair and punched me in the face again. I feel to the floor.

My sister walked in and she watched as mama drug me to the bedroom. " No mama! Not the bedroom please!" I screamed. My sister, Latoya began to cry.

" Mama, please don't take her to the room please!" Mama yanked on my hair she tossed me into the room and locked me in.

I screamed and watched as her boyfriend stood up. He grabbed my hair and pushed me over the bed I screamed and begged to get out of the room.

A hour went by. I woke up in my bedroom and saw La la she rubbed my arms with the wet towel wiping me down. I looked at her and cried a little.

" What did he do to me La La?," she shook her head and finished wiping me down. I cried "What did he do to me!" She looked at me and sniffed.

" I couldn't see but he was tying you down with rope then he locked the door and I could hear you screaming... That's all I know," I hissed and held the sheets as she cleaned my scars tears spilled from my face.

Mama walked in and stared at me. She smoked her cigarette and looked at me. Then moved closer to me. She leaned over me and said,

" My man would never want you, why are you even worried about what he did? If its anything he ain't fuck you, no one ever will. Tell me who would wanna sit round with a bitch who ain't got no education. Huh? Who wants a fucking bitch who can't even spell? Your 14 years old Tai' Lani just grow the fuck up... Stop being a child!," I stared at mama as she laughed and strutted out in her dancing heels.

Tears began to roll from my cheeks as I gripped my balled up fist. I mumbled,

you dumb bitch...

Mama looked back and said. " Excuse me?" I didn't say a word my anger balled up inside of me. Mama put her bag down and looked at me.

" What did you say?" Mama asked. I sat up and put a shirt on.

" I didn't say nothing..." I growled wiping my tears.

" No Tai' Lani if its something on your mind and you would like to say it, bitch I'm right here... Standing in front of you...," I shook my head and mama snatched me down onto the floor she grabbed on my hair and began to throw blows at my face I cried band got away from her tears poured from my eyes.

" Let me go! She wanna play games we can play them fuck that shit get out! Dummy!!" I grabbed a couple of my clothes and stormed away from my bed room. Latoya began to cry as mama screamed at me with anger she ran to me.

" Lani please don't go please!!," I shook my head and threw my things I'm my bag.

" I'm done with mama she gonna Keep testing me and hitting on me I'm leaving I can't do it, I love you Latoya, I'll see you later" she began to cry and scream begging me not to go.

I made my way out into the cold streets holding my heavy duffle bag. I sat against the wall in the subway begging Jesus to forgive me for all I have done.

I fell asleep on the ground holding my bags close...