Chapter 10 - Parting is such sweet sorrow

There was a huge crowd of people outside the open air venue as the car pulled up to the curb. Willow knew where to go and was inside the gate in a few minutes.  She had not been to a concert since she had lost Emerson and it filled her with mixed emotions as they made their way though the crowd. A few girls saw her and made faces.  She ducked her head and made sure to tuck her hand into one of Rem's hoodies.  They went backstage and was instantly spotted. 

"  Hey! Rem told me you were coming! "   Sebastian went to her, hugging her tightly.  

"  He talked me into it.  "   She grinned, happy to see him again.  

"  How are you?   Your Ok?  Baby's doing good? "   

" Yes Uncle Seb.  "  She giggled.   "  We are fine.  My feet hurt but otherwise I feel pretty good. "  

He laughed and pulled out a tiny T-shirt with a guitar on it.   "  Wait until you see what mom got you." 

" Oh no.  You guys are going to spoil her."   

"  Her?  "   Rem was suddenly behind Willow and Sebastian.  "  Did you just say her? "   He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her head.  

That got them some looks and a shake of the head from Seb who wisely slipped off to talk with Daniel and Andrew.   Willow blushed and slipped out from under Remington's arm.  She went to the craft table and got a bottle of water.  Rem looked a little annoyed as she came back to him with water in hand.  

"  What? "   She smiled up at him.   

"  You going to keep your hand in my pocket for the whole night? "   

"  No.  I just....there were girls at the door and I just didn't want to poke the bees nest. "  

"  Don't make me propose to you on stage. "   He pulled her to him and kissed her nose.  

" Don't you dare.  I would run away."   She laughed.  

"  Then don't hide the ring. "   He took her hand out of the pocket and kissed the ring.  "  Love you. I gotta go.  Moms over there, you better say hi. "    He lifted her chin with his fingers and kissed her deeply, not caring who saw them.  He tuched her belly for a few moments before pulling away and going over to his brother and bandmates.  

She wanted to cry seeing them all together without Emerson.  She joined their mom and was soon shouting and singing along as they hit the stage.  It was almost magical as Rem ran and jumped all over the stage.  He climbed everything he could and kept looking over at them with a huge cheesy grin.  He then dedicated the next song to her and Emerson and that did it.  She was crying all over again.  That's when it hit her, a stab of pain in her back.   Gasping she looked down, her eyes going wide in shock as her water broke.  Time stood still as she looked from her belly to Steph and over to the boys on stage.  Her eyes were wide as the pain grew and then she spotted Rem swinging with one hand from the top of the stage.  Everyone was screaming but Willow couldn't breath and that's when it happened.   Rem was trying to get down when his hand slipped and he dropped almost twenty feet to the stage.  He wasn't moving and everyone was stunned into silence.  

Chaos happened all at once.   People were screaming and everyone around her ran out to Remington.  Willow sank to her knees, tears streaming down her face as the pain got more intense.  EMT's ran past her and she wanted to stop them and beg them to help her.  Rem was not moving and from the look on moms face, Willow knew the horrible truth.  She had lost both the men she loved within a year of each other.  Finally Sebastian spotted her and ran crying over to where she was.   He scooped her up and carried her away to someone's car.  His jaw was tense as he hopped behind the wheel.  

"  Don't worry.  Rem's Ok.  "  

"  Bullshit.  I saw him not moving. "   She cried from the back seat.  

"  Let's worry about my niece OK. "  

He drove like crazy to the hospital and Willow was in so much pain when they got there that she could hardly stand.  Seb helped her inside and the rest was a blur of doctors and machines and more pain.  They gave her drugs and tried to keep her calm but in her heart she knew that Rem was lost to her forever.  She tried to focus on the baby and practice her breathing but something was very wrong and she found herself clutching Seb's  hand as they wheeled her away down the hall.  She drifted and heard her name being called.  Then she felt the lightest touch of lips to her forehead. 

"  Come with us Will.  It's Ok now, everything will be OK. "  

" Em? "   She opened her eyes to stare up into Emerson's smiling face.  "  I miss you. "  

"  Come with us. "   Remington was suddenly on her other side. 

"  I can't. "   She felt to weak to talk.  "  I can't leave her. "   She could hear the baby wailing as the machines around her started to beep. 

Everyone in the room looked frantic as she felt herself letting go.  It was easier than she thought and she had Emerson and Remington both to hold her hands.  She hugged them both as the room around her got brighter and brighter.  She could see Seb being pushed out into the hall as a nurse took her baby away.  They were all shouting and she wanted to tell them that it was Ok, she was fine now.  She had Emerson and Remington and that was all she needed.  

Death had never been something to fear.  She had feared it all her life and now she knew that it was not the end.  It was actually the beginning and she had so many things she wanted to see and do. It was limitless and infinite, wonderous and awe-inspiring.  She followed Emerson, pausing to whisper a thank you that was felt but not heard into Sebastian's ear.  He was going to make a great dad, she just knew it and couldn't be happier.  Her daughter would grow and thrive and although she would miss holding her and caring for her she would always be there for her no matter what. 

The three of them walked down the hall and into the lobby.  It was filled with people who were also gathered outside and again she wanted to tell them they were fine and not to be sad. To hold onto the good memories they shared and to never give up their dreams because it could be gone in the blink of an eye.  

"  No more sadness love. "   Emerson whispered.  

"  Where do you want to go? "  Remington smiled softly.   

"  The beach. "   Was her reply.    

                                                                                        THE END

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.