"Are we there yet?" Jackson moans next to me, looking up from his book for the first time since the car started moving.

"Almost," my Dad says. Mum looks over at Dad and smiles at him, knowing that everyone has had a very long day. I mean, we started travelling at the early hours of this morning, England time, and have spent most of the day on a plane to get here. Jackson is only saying what everyone else is thinking, and to be honest, I can't wait to get out of this car either.

Jackson is only two years younger than me. At fourteen, Tori got pregnant by her then-boyfriend Jack. My parents flipped, almost chucked her out of the house because Jack wasn't exactly the type of boy you took home to meet the parents. I was too young to remember everything, but I remember Tori telling me the story when she told them she was pregnant.
   Jack turned his life around, stepping up to be the perfect model Father, and my parents began to warm to him. Slowly. It took time, but they loved Jack and saw how hard he changed his life for not only Tori, but for his son too.
   He isn't around anymore. It hasn't been for the last four years, but that's one of the reasons why Tori and Jackson moved with us. I love that they came with us too, because Jackson is like a brother to me. I mean, with our closeness in age only being two years, it feels likes he's more my brother than my nephew. I don't think I could live in a strange place without Tori not being close to us either.

"This is some long trek! It's taking bloody aggggggggges!" Jackson huffs next to me, and I giggle, knowing full well I feel the same. One thing you can say about Jackson is his patience is very thin. I think he got that from Tori, but she swears blinds it's not her and probably from Jack's side of the family.

Jackson is wise for his age, the biggest bookworm you'll ever meet. He has jet black hair and hazel eyes, freckles that he got from Tori across his nose and eyelashes any girl would kill for. Even me. He is practically a carbon copy of Jack, almost his twin. I know it pains and pleases Tori to see Jack in her son, but at least she had a small part of him still.

The car stops to a halt. Right in front of a two-storey house that practically looks like a mini-mansion compared to our old house. With Dad's promotion and a massive pay rise, it meant a bigger house than what we are used to. I always remember people saying that everything is bigger in America, and by the looks of this house, they weren't lying.
   The house - which has a large front garden, is red bricked with big windows and a large black double door. There are windows surrounding the outside of the door and some steps that lead to it. I notice the double garage and I gasp thinking how the building that will be for our car or cars now that dad is earning more, is practically the same size as the house we lived in back in London.
   There is a mailbox at the foot of a path that is boarded with flowers on either side leading up to the house, and I tilt my head to the side, finding that really weird. Our mail always came through a slot in the door and laid on the matt till someone came home first. We've never had a box just for our mail, this is going to take some getting used to.

I have a feeling that there is a lot I'm going to need to get used to.

"Mum... Mummy..." Jackson whispers, shaking Tori's arm.

"Sweetie? We're here," my Mum says from the front seat softly. Tori opens her eyes and yawns, stretching her arms out in front. She looks around her, staring into the new street we now call home, looking dazed and confused.

"Finally... It feels like we've been travelling all damn day," she says with a yawn.

"You've been asleep the whole time!" I chuckle.