"Besides the fact that a lizard thing attacked that mechanic? I literally saw that mechanic dying. I saw his life force drain."

"You can do that?"

"Yeah. Courtesy of my dad. I can sense when people are close to death or dying."

"That sucks."

"Majorly."

Scott arrived and asked, "You two okay?"

Stiles and Lucy nodded and he said, "Yeah. You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were alright, reptilian. But there was something about them."

Scott frowned at his friend. "What do you mean?"

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"Are you saying you know who it is?"

Lucy fiddled with her necklace. "No, but I think it knew us."

During school the next day, Lucy walked up to her friends and heard Stiles say, "--because I love you. I love you more than--oh, my God. I can't--You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

Scott let out a sigh. "Come on. You're the only one we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes!" Stiles cried. "Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?"

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book."

"He probably means a Bestiary," Stiles answered.

"What?"

"A Bestiary," Lucy repeated.

Scott frowned at them. "I think you guys mean bestiality."

Stiles shook his head. "Nope, pretty sure we don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?"

Stiles let out a sigh. "Okay, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine. Lu is a demigod, of all freaking things, and I'm still trying to figure that out."

Scott slowly nodded. "Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what the thing is--"

"And who," Stiles interrupted.

"We need that book!" The boys cried.

Stiles left to ask Allison about the Bestiary. Lucy got a message from Lydia asking her to meet her in the parking lot, so Lucy did so.

Lucy found Lydia sitting in her car crying. "What's wrong?"

She looked at Lucy and shook her head. "Please go, Lu."

"Tell me what's wrong."

"Look, I don't need anyone seeing me cry."

"Why? You of all people shouldn't care if anyone sees you cry."

"Why is that?"

"You're lucky. You look beautiful when you cry."

She let out a soft laugh as Lucy said, "What's got you so freaked out?"

Lydia looked up at her. "You're gonna think I'm crazy."

"No I won't. I've seen a lot of crazy things, so I won't think that at all."

She opened her mouth to answer, and a certain annoying spastic boy dragged Lucy away. "I need your help to find the book."

"Let go of me! I was getting somewhere!"