|9|

trust/trəst/noun1

trust
/trəst/
noun
1.
firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

it happened so fast. so much faster than jaehyun had envisioned it. one moment, they were laughing in the diner, eating french toast, talking about the stupidest things they did as teenagers and the next, taeyong disappeared right in front of him.

jaehyun had no recall of how he ended up speeding in a car chase. all he knew was that he was terrified that he wasn't going to get taeyong back.

"jaehyun? jaehyun please tell me you can hear me." he heard the soft, scared voice whisper.

for a moment, he thought that this was all a dream, that the small voice was taeyong waking jaehyun from a nightmare. it wasn't. taeyong was communicating with him, through their bond like they did several days before.

"taeyong, i can hear you, it's okay. you're okay. you're going to be safe in my arms soon. i swear to god, i'll blow each of their heads off before i let them touch a single hair on your head." jaehyun responded back, not believing that they took taeyong right in front of his own eyes.

"promise me that you'll blow this van up and kill us all before you let them take me. please jaehyun, i can't relive it again." taeyong cried, panic overriding all of his emotions.

"no one is dying but those sons of bitches. i'm getting you back. taeyong, do you trust me?" jaehyun asked, still contemplating what the hell he was going to do.

"more than anyone else in the world." taeyong answered.

jaehyun reached out, grabbing the pistol from his glovebox, clicking it into place. this was his only shot at getting taeyong back. he knew if he waited until the van stopped, they would have reinforcements. he would lose taeyong from his sight, not guaranteeing his return to jaehyun safely, if at all.

"switch into your diamond skin immediately when i tell you. i'm getting you back, okay baby?" jaehyun thought with his teeth clenched so tightly in fury that the only thing he could think about once he got taeyong back was blowing their heads with a bullet.

"okay jae, i trust you." taeyong gulped, wondering what the hell jaehyun could've thought of.

jaehyun lowered his window, aiming the pistol right toward the van. he heard his pistol fire, directing the bullet to the two back tires, without fail.

"now, taeyong!" jaehyun yelled, both in his thoughts and with his voice.

it all happened in slow motion, the back tires giving out, the black van flipping forward.  never imagined that the van would tumble so many times, and the flames that erupted from it, he expected less.