|5|

ser·en·dip·i·ty/ˌserənˈdipədē/nounthe occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

ser·en·dip·i·ty
/ˌserənˈdipədē/
noun
the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

taeyong stirred awake from the soft light that was pouring through the blinds of the dingy motel room. his hands came to his eyes, gently rubbing them as he sat up on the squeaky bed. he looked the right of the room, expecting to be met with jaehyun fast asleep but the sheets were jumbled and messy with no jaehyun in sight.

taeyong noticed a small note on the nightstand in between both of the beds. he quickly reached out to pick it up, assuming the chicken scratch he called handwriting was from jaehyun.

good morning, i bet your hungry. i'm having breakfast at the diner next to the motel, come.
~ jaehyun

taeyong couldn't help but smile at the small note and gently folded it, shoving it into the small pocket of his backpack. he reached into the bigger pocket, grabbing his favorite pair of black jeans that were awfully worn in but taeyong would wear them even if he was a millionaire.

he made his way to the bathroom, picking up his purple toothbrush, hating the feeling of cotton mouth that he got when he had just woken up. taeyong looked up, finally noticing his diminished eye bags. he had almost forgotten how amazing it felt to be well rested.

his fingertips rose to lips, recalling jaehyun's warm breath against them, the memories of last night suddenly tumbling through his mind. he suddenly got nervous to see jaehyun again, even though he knew jaehyun wasn't bold enough to bring it up.

he pushed his thoughts away, walking to the motel room door, shutting the door behind him. the air was cold against his skin, sending a small shiver down his arms, unconsciously making himself rub his arms to generate heat.

that was the thing about shape shifters, they were always freezing cold. a trait that's completely unique to their kind. like a snake, they're cold-blooded, unable to regulate his own heat. sometimes taeyong has wondered if his mutation had anything to do with them since like them, taeyong also changed skins.

the walk to the diner was short as it was just next to the small motel. taeyong pulled at the door, hearing a small chime upon his entrance. he looked around for a couple seconds before he felt his own cheeks heat up.

jaehyun sat on a booth in the farthest corner of the entrance, quietly sipping on a coffee, a small book in his hands, and his signature blacked rimmed glasses sitting on his nose.

taeyong thought that jaehyun was weird. jaehyun read and brushed his teeth before bed when he was drunk, on the rare occasion that he was ever drunk. he worked out not because he wanted to eat junk food but because he actually liked it. jaehyun didn't cry when watching romantic comedies or ate anything with more than 10 grams of sugar. not to mention he drank his coffee black.