|1|

hate/hāt/verb1

hate
/hāt/
verb
1. feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).

=

"don't you think this is going too far, jaehyun?" the familiar, warm voice interrupted his study.

he turned back with a smile dancing on his lips as he heard his lover and childhood best friend speak up. soojin didn't look much different from when they were children, having the same cute face but a more feminine physique. she walked towards him, the thin black night gown providing little coverage over her slim body.

"we've talked about this, you know i have to." jaehyun answered, pulling her small frame into his lap.

"no you don't, jae. killing it won't bring them back. let it go, it's taken enough from you. don't let it take anymore." she replied, threading her blood painted fingertips through the strands of his hair.

jaehyun huffed loudly, removing his black and gold framed glasses. he rubbed his eyes in frustration and deeply nested hatred.

"soojin, you don't understand. no matter how many times i've explained it to you, you'll never get it." jaehyun gritted his teeth, softly pushing her off of his lap and rising from the desk chair.

"you're not going find it, jaehyun. for all you know, it could be dead already or half way across the fucking world! i understand, i just don't agree. your throwing your life away chasing this thing that we don't even know anything about. and i promise you that killing it won't fix anything. it won't make you happy. i can't do this, watch you throw your life away chasing something that doesn't even exist." soojin raised her voice, you back and forth, the light from the crackling fireplace dancing on her skin.

jaehyun stopped for a moment, the incredible urge to go into her mind and dig her apart became overwhelming. but, he knew he would never do that to her, brainwash her.

he didn't respond, walking out of his study to avoid the all too familiar argument. jaehyun was growing tired of it, the same old fight over the same damn thing. he was starting to wish that he could let it all go, the anger. but then, he remembered the shimmering skin of the devil that killed his parents and it all came rushing back in like venom.

he couldn't eat, he couldn't breath, he couldn't sleep without the thought lingering in his mind. for someone who could read minds, he sure as hell couldn't understand his own.

his suede dress shoes clicked against the marble stairs of his home, echoing throughout the entire structure. at the bottom of the stairs was his driver, ready to take orders, knowing that jaehyun was quite fond of the nightlife of seoul.