Broken Promises

S A N T A N A      P O V

I had just dropped the children off at school and was on my way to work... I hadn't heard from Hunter and it was eating me up... All I want to know is are we still looking for a house together... It was the end of the week and I had to drop the children to him after school... I needed to talk to him about what is going on and how I feel... I kept going over and over what happened and thinking why he didn't contact me... I got to work and start my day...

All those people at the auction were wealthy... I guess I am just the mother of Hunter's children... I was feeling low and depressed I couldn't stop thinking about what happened and I was not sleeping well either... My thoughts are taking over my whole being... Was I paranoid? Did I read into this too much? I had questions that I wanted answered and the only way I would get them is to speak to Hunter... My day finished and I picked up the children... We got home and I start to sort them out to take them to Hunter's... My phone buzzes... Hunter sent me a text...

"I have plans tonight could the children come over tomorrow?". I shook my head and look at Jaxson and Liliana... He's now pushing them away...

"Will they be staying all night?". I asked...

"They could come for the day... I have plans for the evening". I knew soon as he sent that text, he's with her...

"Okay... We need to talk". I sent back...

"Santana... We will talk when I got time"... That was it that hit me right in the heart...

"Daddy is busy tonight so, change of plan... You are going to daddy's tomorrow". I say and the children look at me with disappointment on their faces...

"Okay, mummy". Liliana says and walks up to her room...

"Jaxson... I'm sorry". His little face showed so much hurt... I pulled him into a hug...

"He always breaks his promises". Jaxson was angry because Hunter had promised him, he would take him to watch the rally driving this evening... I kissed the top of his head and then started dinner...

The evening went fast, and the children were in bed... I went into the kitchen and looked at the bottle of white wine... I had never touched alcohol not a drop had ever passed my lips... I shook my head and just got a coffee and sit in the lounge with just a lamp on... I was staring into the fireplace my mind elsewhere... My life had no meaning anymore everything I did was for my children... I felt warm droplets on my cheeks which was my tears of sadness... Everything that I had gone through was eating me up like I no longer mattered to any one... I didn't hear from my friends; Damon wasn't texting me like he used to and Hunter the man that stole my heart was not even acknowledging me... What had I done to these people? I was worthless like I should no longer be here... I wiped my eyes and went up to my room I had a quick shower and got into bed...

Morning came and I hadn't slept much... I was consumed with all the pressures that was going on in my life... I never asked for this life... Yes, I was feeling sorry for myself but, I was also at the lowest point in my life. Everything around me felt like it was crashing down on me... The responsibilities that I had and what I had to face... My life is just not my own and I was ready to end it all...

The children had their breakfast and I got their bags ready... I picked up the bottle of white wine and placed it in my tote bag with my gun... I looked at my children... They are my whole universe... We get in the car and drive over to Hunter's... I look at my children in the mirror...

"Jaxson... I need you to do something for me and I want you to listen carefully". His little smile on his lips melts my heart...

"Yes mummy". He says...