【Chapter 8.3】

Start from the beginning

"I think it was harder on Chase."

"I know but he needed it, sweetheart."

"I know. I think anyway."

"We love you Blue."

"I love you guys too. I'm gonna turn in early tonight."

"Alright. Get some good rest Blue. We'll see you in the morning."

I head upstairs and get ready for bed finally laying down after an exhausting day.

Sometime in the middle of the night, I hear the front door open. I'm too tired to get up but I release a sigh knowing Chase was finally home. I think I hear something move in my room but chalk it up to Charlie.

I drift back off to sleep.

It's the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up early this morning with Charlie hot on my tail. We head out and the sun is barely rising. It's a gorgeous sunrise and I wish Noah was here to see it. Charlie and I make our way around the bend circling back to our house after a 3-mile run.

I'm breathless and sweaty and I feel wired. It's just what I've needed after not having gone on a proper run in quite some time.

I'm in my exercise gear as Charlie and I walk up to my driveway after our run and I still have to grab some breakfast and shower.

I head into the house, Charlie hot on my tail. I hear bustling in the kitchen and I know Mom's probably slicing up fruit now and Dad's reading the newspaper at the table.

"Good Morning everyone." I chirp heading over to the counter to make a smoothie.

"Good Morning Blue. Here." She hands me a blueberry smoothie. I send her a grateful smile before hugging her.

"Thank you momma," I reply before heading over to say good morning to Dad.

"Hey, anything good in the paper?" I question laying my head on his shoulder as I peer over to see him open to the sports page.

"Afraid not Blue. Sorry." He replies with a sigh before giving me a gentle smile. I look over at the table and see Chase scrolling through his phone while eating some cereal. He looks tired and there are circles underneath his eyes. He looks so worn.

He looks up catching my eyes. He opens his mouth to say something but notices my running outfit.

"You went running this morning?" Chase questions with a quirked brow.

"Yeah," I reply heading up the stairs to get ready for school

"Next time let me know and I'll go with you." He grunts out before he takes another bite of his cereal.

I make my way up to my bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We manage to pick up Falcon on time and head over to Nash's for a ride to school. It's just easier this way. And it was kind of nice that Chase and I could give our friends a ride to school together. We've never been able to do that before.

"So, Nash?" Falcon questions.

"Nash what?" Chase asks confused and a little distracted. After yesterday he hasn't really been the same. He wears a black hoodie and is leaning back against the seat. His hood is draped over his head and it cocoons him.

"We're picking him up. Is he gonna be a part of our coffee/ morning ride to school ritual?" He questions curiously.

I don't say anything. Because I hadn't really thought much about it until we spent time with Nash. Until we dropped him off the other night and we saw where he had lived. And what he had said about his mom.