Mr. Stark led me back to the tower. "Go straight to the infirmary," he said. I couldn't see his face, but I knew it was serious and stern. "Bruce is down there with Natasha right now. He'll fix up your shoulder." He gently touched my wound and I flinched and inhaled sharply. "Sorry," he mumbled. "It's okay," I sighed. "Is everyone going to be alright? Are you sure you don't need me?"

"Peter," he put his hand on my shoulder, "we will be fine. Thank you for doing your very best, but I think it'll be over soon. They're starting to surrender."

I looked around and saw the aliens running and flying up to their ships, the ships floating further and further into the atmosphere. "Wow," I smiled, "we really did it."

"We really did." I could tell he was smiling too.

"Wait," I realized. "There's some girls I saved. Two of them, both of them are small. I left them on top of a building to keep them safe, I need to find them."

"Oh my God," he put his head in his hands. "What you need to do is get some stitches in your arm before you pass out. Go to the infirmary now. I'll find them. Where are they?"

I paused and twiddled my thumbs.

"Peter," he asked suspiciously, "where are they?"

"Um... the Woolworth Building."

"YOU LEFT THEM ON TOP OF THE WOOLWORTH BUILDING?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Okay, you know what, I'm not even surprised." He walked to the edge of the tower and locked the Woolworth Building in his vision.

"I'm sorry," I muttered as he took off. I wasn't sure what he was going to do with the girls when he rescued them. I just really hoped they were still okay.

A sudden wave of nausea coursed through my aching body. My head felt dizzy and I became disoriented. Not good to be on top of a tall building right now.

I ran as fast as I could to the doors leading away from the roof. I jumped down flights of stairs at a time, the bottoms of my feet stinging with pain every time I landed but I didn't really care. I had more important things to take care of.

I stumbled through the swinging white doors of the infirmary. Bruce noticed me and rushed to me. He put an arm around me and helped me stand, then told me to lay down on a bed beside Natasha. I did as I was told, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I almost fell asleep. I was so exhausted.

"Hey kiddo," Natasha said quietly, with a certain gentleness in her voice, like I would break if she spoke any louder. "How are you doing?"

"Not so great," I mumbled. I still felt like I was going to throw up and I wasn't in much of a talking mood.

"Is everyone okay?"

"I hope so. Mr. Stark said they were. The aliens are gone."

"Good," she smiled, but pain and regret was written in her eyes. "I wish I could have helped."

"It's not your fault," I assured her, "you got hurt. It happens to all of us."

"Yeah," she replied gratefully. I could tell she still felt bad though.

"Okay," Bruce came back with a dozen medical tools in his arms. "Sit up for me, Pete."

He took out a small but very bright flashlight and examined my shoulder. "I see, hmm..." He muttered to himself as he analyzed the damages. "Okay," he turned it back off with a small click and put it in his pocket. "Good news is you don't have a bullet stuck in there. Bad news is you almost did, and the wound is pretty bad."