Chapter 25 - Old friend

Start from the beginning

The quizzed look Lisa had slowly shifted as she processes the info. "I see. So, with a new guy in, the company should theoretically not struggle much. And just for safety measure, Henry will personally deal with the more classified matter at home while also being able to look after his son."

"Yes. That wasn't so hard, was it?" I challenge with a smirk crawling its way up.

"Why do you phrased that as if you thought I couldn't understand you?" Lisa squinted her eyes as she caught on my choice of words.

"That's because I did," I replied smugly.

"Yah! You know I can understand you perfectly!" Lisa laughed and reached forward to smack my arm, causing me to join in the laughing party. The atmosphere shifted with us and became lighter than usual. That is until the sound of door-knocking pulled us out from our bubble.

"Ms. Kim, the interim CFO is here." Tzuyu voice was heard behind the door, and by the looks of it, the new recruit was outside too. 

Realizing what that means, Lisa smiled sadly as our little moment carefree moment has ended. That being said, I still can't help but chuckle lightly at her childish behaviour. We fixed ourself while they waited politely behind my door.

"Come in," I announced. Lisa taking that as a cue to get up from the visitor's seat and stand beside me.

The door opens, and in came Tzuyu with a man tailing behind her. At that moment I decided to focus my attention on Tuzyu as she passed more papers for me to work with, one of them being the new recruit's document. Fishing out the said document, I started to read the man's info, and what was written in it made my heart stop.

Park Jimin...

No... no, no! It m-must someone else with the same name r-right..? Right?!

I throw my head up, hoping to see an unfamiliar face, anyone but that face! But all I see was the one that I hated the most, the one with the same shit-eating smirk on his face. After our last encounter in this very exact room, I didn't think I'll ever see him again, let alone with him being able to come in here with my permission!

Rage filled up within me and I growled directly at the man, "Why are you here?" If my rage affected him, he didn't show it, and that smirk of his only remains.

"Why, I am the interim CFO your company recruited." He said, smugly.

The room turned cold and quiet as a staredown unfolded between me and Jimin. Neither of us was willing to back down easily. The smirk of his slowly fading into a frown, indicating that he too was taking this seriously. I just hope I can get something out of him with this. 

Tzuyu doesn't seem to be unaware of the situation but even so, she doesn't know what to do. Nervously she glances between the people in this room, and she deliberately set her eyes on Lisa, hoping the taller girl would have some sort of idea on how to settle this clash. Unfortunately, the girl was as clueless as her. They exchanged looks while the event continues on, but to no avail, they couldn't think of a solution in time.

"Tzuyu." I commanded while maintaining my eyes on Jimin.

As her name being called, she immediately snapped her head towards me. Her grip on the files tightened. "Y-yes?"

"Who allowed him to sign in as the interim officer?" I know for a fact that the one who was in charge of employment was aware of Jimin's past with the company, and there was no way he can bypass her, as she too is a loyal member of the company, so how did he get in?

"It was Mr. Park, Miss. While Soomine was busy with the other recruit, Mr. Park took the liberty to settle this particular employment. At least, that's what Soomine told me." Tuzyu answered innocently.