Bite from a Monster

Start from the beginning

"And yet, to right by Camille we sacrificed someone she cared about." Klaus states which surprise me.

"Our family is safe."

"And someone else's family is broken." I state with spit in my voice.

"Our family is fractured as well."

"There is no victory to celebrate today. My demons won." Klaus says to his sister.

"Lucien is not your demon. You may have sired him but you did not create that monster."

"Today, I fear we may have created a new monster entirely."

"And what will we do about that?" I ask the Mikaelson siblings. "You've had answers before so now what will you do."

__________________________________
Cami's wake just reminded me again how painfully pregnant I am. I've been feeling a dull pain for a while but my doctor keeps telling me I'm fine but something is telling me I'm far from it. Sipping on my soda while everyone drowns themselves in booze is dull. "Okay, we can run out of whiskey at an Irish wake. It's like the one rule, okay?"

"Don't forget the beer too." I remind them and Hayley smiles at me.

"Whiskey is important."

"She would be overjoyed with this." I look around at everyone remembering Cami.

"That she would. She did so much for everyone and..."

"She deserves a grand send-off."

"How is he?" Hayley looks over my shoulder and I know she's asking about Klaus.

"He has a lot on his mind. I was kind of harsh on him about Davina and...he's holding it together okay."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm ready for my son to be born so I can feel more at ease."

"Will you feel at ease?"

"Should I?"

"No harm will come to you."

"No one can promise that Hayley."

"You need to sleep, my love." Klaus slips into bed pulling me close to him.

"I'm having a hard time. Our son is a kicker." I state and he smiles at me.

"He's strong like his mother." Klaus places his hand on my stomach and smiles as he feels our son kick.

"I'm also having a hard time sleeping with the recent death of my friends and..." I look up at my fiancé and I see his face harden. "Marcel."

"Elijah acted out of fear and it was a regretful one."

"And what will happen to us all now?"

"I will protect all of us."

"What if you're not enough?" Klaus kisses my forehead.

"Please do not think that way, my love. You are stressing yourself and our son."

"I can't help but stress. Nik we defeat one enemy just to make another and...I could give birth at any moment. I...I want our child to not be born in a war zone like Hope was. She should have been born into a loving world instead her grandmother was trying to sacrifice her and I wasn't there to hold her." Klaus rests my head on his chest as I cry my eyes out. "This is not how our lives should be."

"And they won't be for long. I promise you, my love. Our children will know happiness."

__________________________________
It's been getting harder for me to wake up in the morning with everything feeling swollen and aching from nearing the end of my pregnancy. All I want is to lie down but everyone is on high alert after Elijah killed Marcel. There will only be a matter of time before one of his loyal companions possibly tries to seek revenge. On my way to the kitchen, I stop as I hear Klaus' voice. "What better life might have awaited you were another man your father?" My heart breaks hearing him say this to his daughter. "All those who have loved me have lived to regret it. Well, your mother is an exception to everything. She is a marvelous creature full of love, joy, and strength. I do not deserve her but I cherish her because she has given me you and your brother. I do know this, my littlest wolf, I will do right by you."