He took one look at her appearance and shook his head

"I don't babysit."
"Heh. But I do. Hunter, I didn't get my kingdom the place it is by trusting the people I hire. I'm coming along."
"Why even hire someone if you are just going to go yourself."
"Because I'm not stupid. They'd recognize me in an instant and use the item to take over my lands. They don't know your face, so that makes you the person to go in and retrieve it."
The Mandalorian wanted to protest but Kore had already gotten onto the horse and began riding off. He quickly got on the horse and began riding after her. They rode until high noon when they stopped to let the horses get water and let themselves rest. Kore got two apples out of her satchel and tossed one to the Mandalorian.
He took a bite out of his while she carved a piece off with a knife. He looked down at his own fruit a moment before looking back at Kore.
"What is the item you want back? You've never said."
Kore cut off another piece before stabbing it and bringing it to her mouth.
"A child."
"A child? A child is going to be used to start a war?"
"This child is special. I won't let him be used as a weapon. There's no coming back from that."
"How do you know?"
Kore turned her head to look at him. Her eyes were hollow. "How many Kingdoms have I claimed since the king and queen were murdered? I've lost count."
The Mandalorian looked at Kore, interested in learning more about her.
"You're what, in your mid-twenties? No marriage on your mind?"
"Why, are you interested?" Kore smirked at the Mandalorian and he only smirked back.
"You couldn't handle having me as a husband."
"You're right. You probably wouldn't be able to be a king anyways... no. No marriage. I broke an alliance once before and, there's no going back after that."
"What happens to the kingdom after you pass then?"
"The kingdom will be broken up. There are plans in place for the inevitable."
He nodded and took a swig of his canteen.
"We should get moving."
Kore nodded and mounted her horse once again before the two rode off.
:*:*:*:
The Mandalorian put of the tents they'd be sleeping while Kore built the fire and started dinner. She wasn't the best cook. Heck, decent was a stretch, but there was one thing she could make. Rabbit stew. And thanks to the Mandalorian snagging a few hares she was able to make it.
The Mandalorian watched as she cooked, until she made eye contact with him.
"So tell me hunter, what's your name? It feels wrong sitting here with you, as if you are one of my soldiers or equals and not know your name."
The Mandalorian huffed. "One of your equals huh? Because we are not that, is that right?"
"You expect me to consider us equals when you go by an alias? You live in the shadows-"
"And you live behind walls. The worlds thinks you're a demon who hides. They're right."
"What do you know of me hunter?"
"That you may care for a few but you're arrogance and god like mindset is as they believe. All you care for is your lands."
Kore stared at the Mandalorian a moment before placing the spoon in the bowl she was holding and shoving it into his hands. She didn't speak a word as she walked off, needing a moment to compose herself.
The sound of skin on skin resonated in Kore's ears as she remembered her mother's words.
"No emotions. Never let them know when they get to you. Never let them win."
She lightly touched her cheek, the part of her body that took the brunt of her mother's anger. Kore seethed as she slammed her fist into the trunk of a tree. Warm liquids trickled down her fist, and Kore started to pick out the bits of bark that was stuck in her hand.
She didn't understand why she was so angry about some random bounty hunters opinion of her, she didn't even care about her council's opinion of her. She'd never cared what people thought of her. What made him different?
Sighing, Kore looked around and realized how dark it was. She'd walked off far enough that she couldn't see the camps fire anymore and that made her stomach turn. The woods at night wasn't something she was especially fond of. It brought back memories she didn't want to relive.
Her hands shook as she sat on the ground, her back against a tree. Slowly, to try and calm her nerves, she began to sing the song she heard little kids chanting in the streets. It was a ballad of the Blood Queen. Silent tears rolled down her face as she sang, staring forward.
:*:*:*:
The Mandalorian was still sitting by the fire, waiting for the Queen to return. She'd been gone over an hour and he was starting to wonder where she went. His finished bowl was still in his hands and he looked down at the pot that was still simmering over the fire.
He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Why am I doing this?"
After lighting a torch, the Mandalorian started to walk off in the direction that Kore did. He kept walking until he heard the sound of singing. He slowed his walk so as to not disturb the person and as he neared he saw Kore sitting on the ground.
As he came over Kore slowly looked up at him, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. Like a spark she seemed to realize he was standing in front of her and she quickly wiped her face. Kore jumped up, shoving past him and tried to storm off again.
"Oh no you don't." The Mandalorian grabbed her arm and held on tightly. Kore froze in place and didn't move. "What were you thinking? I thought something might've happened to you."
"Just... let's go back to the camp."
The Mandalorians eyes flickered down to Kore's hand, which was covered in dried blood.
"What'd you-"
Kore forcefully ripped her arm away from him and started walking away.
He stared at her back as she slowly escaped into darkness.
:*:*:*:
The Mandalorian and Kore scouted out the campsite which the imperials were staying.
"I'm going to distract them and you go around back and get the item." Kore said as she looked at the front of the camp.
"Okay. Don't die, I still need to get paid."
Kore rolled her eyes and crept over to where a soldier in white was standing alone. She stealthy unsheathed her knife and stabbed it into the mans neck. He convulsed against her as she held him until he was dead. Blood splattered against her, trickling down her nose and chin.
Her eyes scanned the area and she took out a few more soldiers before the whole camp was notified of her presence. A group of soldiers came over and surrounded her. Kore threw her weapon to the side and flexed her hands.
"I am the weapon."
One soldier ran towards her, but didn't make it because with one swift move of her hand his neck snapped. The crowd murmured as they watched the body fall to the floor.
"A witch..."
"The Queens a witch!"
This set off everyone. They all came, attacking and swinging at once. Bursts of people would fly and the land started to reek of blood.
The Mandalorian had retrieved the child and when he ran to he front, all he saw were piles of bodies and a blood soaked Kore. She was huffing and looked exhausted. The Mandalorian ran over and looked her over.
"Are you okay?" Right when he put his hand on her shoulder she immediately tried to shove him away, but he caught her hand. "Are you hurt?"
Kore looked at him with conflicted eyes. She looked away before she answered.
"I'm okay..."
The Mandalorian wasn't sure if he believed her or not but he let go of her hand and they walked back to the horses, riding back to the palace.
At nightfall they set up camp and the child was eating a frog while the Mandalorian looked a little grossed out.
"What is that gremlin?"
"I'm not sure. Come here doll." Carefully she picked him up and went to her tent.
Kore was laying in her tent, the child asleep next to her, and the Mandalorian was in his tent. She was curled into a ball trying to contain some warmth.
The Mandalorian turned to look at Kore and saw the back of her head. He sighed and turned so he was laying on his back.
"Dyn Djarin." He spoke it so quietly Kore almost missed it. She turned over and looked at him.
"Dyn..." she smiled as she said his name. She held out her arm to him. "Kore."
His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at her.
"I thought your name was Scarlett."
Kore's facial expression didn't change. "I will not use the name those monsters gave me. They used it against me. They used everything against me. You say I'm arrogant and think myself a god. The king and queen... they would beat me if I showed any type of emotion to anyone. Never again will anyone use something against me."
Dyn looked at her and reached out to shake her hand.
"You're a strong woman Kore.. and they were ba**ards for treating you like that."
Kore laughed a moment. They looked at each other until Kore fell asleep, her hand still in his.
:*:*:*:
The following day they got back and Adeline rushed over to them.
"Your majesty! Are you hurt?! What happened?"
Kore slid off her horse and handed the child to Adeline. "Have him washed and prepared for tonight. We're having a banquet."
"Yes, your majesty."
Adeline walked off and Kore turned to Dyn.
"You clean up too, hunter. I'll have someone escort you to a room you can use."
Kore walked off as the stable boy came over and took the horse away. Dyn watched Kore blood soaked back as she entered the palace and disappeared.
"Shall I take your horse sir?"
"What? Oh, yes." He got off and grabbed his things before a man in a red uniform came out of the building and showed him to the room where he could change.
As the sun went down the palace was lit up with thousands of candles and well dressed people started to enter the building.
Dyn felt uncomfortable around all the nobles and stayed by the wall, a wine goblet in his hand.
One of the guards banged a large stick against the floor and everyone turned to face the throne, where Kore now stood.

Everyone in the room bowed to Kore as she made her way down the steps and around the room

Everyone in the room bowed to Kore as she made her way down the steps and around the room. Music and chatter filled the air but all Dyn could focus on was Kore.
A few girls had come up to him, trying to flirt but he payed them no mind. Kore and him locked eyes a moment, and she said something to the people she was speaking to before making her way over to him.
"You clean up well hunter." She smiled beneath the layer of chains and jewels.
"As do you. I must say, I do prefer you when you aren't covered in blood."
"Not an attractive look? Well I guess I've been doing this all wrong then."
They both laughed before a new song started. Kore held out her hand.
"Dance with me."
"Is that an order?"
"If it weren't, would you not accept?"
He took her hand in his and lead them to the dance floor. He put his hand on her waist and she put her hand on his shoulder. They moved in sync with the music and he purposely stopped at one part so she moved closer to him.
Dyn smirked while Kore rolled her eyes. Once the song was over Dyn bowed and Kore curtsied.
"Your reward will be paid in full after the banquet. It was a pleasure doing business with you, Dyn."
"If I could, request one more thing as payment."
"What is that?"
Dyn moved closer to her, moving the chains that were draped over her face and kissed her softly. She kissed back, her hand moving to his cheek. He pulled away and Kore kept her hand on his cheek a moment longer.
"My queen."
"My hunter."

A/n: lol hiya dudes this was fun to write. I have so many more ideas for chapters with help of RikuWolf

Lol we've gone through so many photos of Pedro just getting ideas for chapters. Anyways hope you liked this chapter!!!
-emo