Medieval AU

A/n: Yall ready for this. Cuz I ain't. Lol. let's go my dudes. Also this is not an accurate portrayal of the medieval period. Just a disclaimer. Also has anyone seen The Witcher? It was such a good show. Too much nudity for my taste but I still enjoyed it.

No ones POV

Kore woke up in the warm, soft embrace of her bedding. The thick material made her never want to leave its comforting embrace. Sadly life had other plans and her moments of peace was cruelly ripped away from her.
"My Queen it is time to get up."
Kore groaned and pulled the white material over her head. Low footsteps were heard before the comforter was ripped off of her. Kore curled into a ball, trying to retain some of the fleeting warmth that she still had.
"My queen. I must insist you get up."
"No. I checked with you yesterday Adeline, I have nothing to do today. Give me back my cover."
"The bounty hunter is on his way your majesty. You must get up."
Kores eyes opened at the news. She slowly got up, her hair falling in her face.
"You got him?"
"He's coming here of his own free will your majesty. As well as the security and price you offered." Adeline sighed and rolled her eyes, obviously not on board with having this man coming over.
Kore bit her lip in thought and smiled. "Then let's get ready."
Three handmaids came into the room, one going to pick out a gown for Kore, one going towards the vanity to prepare the things to do her makeup and style her hair and the last going towards the lavatory to prepare Kores bath.
Kores white silk nightgown hung loosely off her body as she made her way to the bath, slowly getting in and relaxing against the hot water. The maids helped Kore out of the bath and into a backless emerald green dress, then over to the vanity and did her hair. Finally they placed a jeweled crown atop her head.

 Finally they placed a jeweled crown atop her head

Kore turned and gave a well practiced smiled to Adeline

"Prepare the hall. I want him to feel.. comfortable."
Adeline nodded and ushered the three handmaids out. Kore turned to the mirror and lightly touched her lips.
"You are the weapon. You decide their fate. Don't let them know. Don't show fear." Kore's mothers voice rang in her ears.
"I'm am the weapon."
:*:*:*:
"Your Majesty, the Hunter Mandalorian."
A man in a long yellowish gold jacket walked down the large hall, towards Kore. She had her back facing him, she was looking at the large portrait of her father and mother, with Kore off to the side.
"Beautiful craftsmanship, yes? You can hardly see the ba**ards they actually were."
Kore turned, the ripples of the fabric moving with her as she walked over to her throne. Her eyes scanned over the Mandalorian, taking in every feature, looking for any flaws. He raised an eyebrow and had a ghost of a smirk.
"How exactly did the king and queen pass again? The kingdom mourned for a long time."
"It was never figured out. And they mourned because they never received a backhanded swing from an iron fisted glove."
Kore was drawn to this man. She leaned forward, elbows resting on her knees.
"So, hunter, I presume you know why I need your special skills?"
"I'm retrieving a package."
"Yes. And in return I'll make you so rich you'll never have to take another job again."
"What makes you think you can promise that?"
Kore's eyes sparkled in interest. She got up and went over, walking around him to get a better feel of who she was dealing with.
"I am the only one on the throne of a kingdom thats conquered more lands then any other. I have more resources at my disposal then the gods. I can make it so you live comfortably for the rest of your days, not to be bothered by anyone. So will you do it, hunter?"
He was looking down at her, due to their height difference, but he gave a smile and offered his hand. She placed her hand in his and he brought it to his lips, gently kissing it, never taking his eyes off hers.
"I will."
"Good. I'll have a horse prepared for you. Follow me."
:*:*:*:
Back in Kore's chambers, The Mandalorian was escorted to the sitting area and offered tea, which he turned down. He looked around the room, everything extravagant and lush, everything in its place.
When Kore entered she wasn't followed by any maids or guards. Odd considering who the Mandalorian was and how often Kore has had been targeted to be killed. The Mandalorian should know, he'd been offered many jobs to kill her. Except he knew when a job would be useless. As Kore said before, she has more resources then the guards and an even bigger army. Every assassin that ever attempted to kill her, was killed without mercy.
A low sound of something hitting the floor drew the Mandalorian out of his trance. Kore had taken off her heels and threw them off to the side before she walked over to the sitting area, taking a seat across from the Mandalorian.
"Tea?" She asked and she poured herself a cup.
"No, thank you."
"Hm, a shame. This is the finest you can find."
"We didn't come here to talk about tea."
"Ideally, we didn't come here to talk at all."
The Mandalorian just looked at her, no emotion showing. Kore just shrugged and took a sip of her drink.
"The item you are after is a weapon."
"A weapon?"
"Or at least that's what the people you're stealing it from calls it. They will use it to wage war on me and the kingdom."
"It isn't like you haven't been at war before. What makes this one different?"
"I won't sacrifice villages for this, which is what they will go after with this if I allow them to keep the item. They care not how many people are sacrificed, on either side. They just want to see me dead. If I die so be it, but my kingdom will not suffer for a fools choice."
The Mandalorian leaned back in his chair. He didn't expect the Queen to be like this. From stories he knew her as the blood queen, willing to sacrifice anyone and everyone for what she wanted.
"So who am I stealing this item from?"
"They call themselves Imperials. They, as well as the item, reside past the mountains to the west. It's a few days journey but if you ride fast you should be able to make it there in a day and a half."
The Mandalorian nodded and got up, bowing towards Kore then left the room. Kore stayed seated, continuing to look at the place where the Mandalorian once sat.
"Mandalorian hm." She spoke softly, chuckling to herself a moment.
:*:*:*:
The next day at first light the Mandalorian was outside the palace, in front of the stables waiting for the stable boy to bring out the horse he'd be using. When the boy brought out two horses the Mandalorian sighed and waved his hand.
"There's a mistake. I only need one horse."
"Her majesty specifically said two horses."
"Why would I need-"
"Because I think making you walk would just slow us down."
The stable boy left as the Mandalorian turned to see Kore walking towards him.