The Hunt

No ones POV

The empire was gone. The Rebellion was gone. The Jedi were gone. Nothing was left for Kore. Her family was dead and her home was gone. She was now in hiding as one of the last living force wielders. No one knew this, of course, for the bounties on her head were expensive.
Kore walked through the busy market, grabbing a few vegetables here and there, paying for it with the little credits she still had. A light grey cloth covered half her face, a black, more durable mask hanging around her neck.
Goggles were strapped to her head and an outline of dirt caked her face. She stopped at a certain vendor and pointed to some rare fruits.
"How much?"
"5 credits. Each."
"That's robbery. 5 credits for 5."
"You call me a thief with a suggestion like that?"
"Fine. 5 credits for 3."
"No deal."
"Okay then. Good luck selling those." Kore started walking away when the creature grumbled and called her back.
"5 credits for 3 pieces. Take it before I change my mind."
"Of course. Pleasure doing business with you."
Kore grabs three of the polka dotted fruits and tosses the creature five credits before leaving.
She'd been staying on this planet for around four months and everything seemed fine. Every couple weeks a new bounty hunter would come and try to get her but every time she'd make sure they never came back. She didn't kill them, she just roughed them up a bit.
As she passed the saloon she sensed a new presence in it. Her eyes darted to the door and she made eye contact with a man in a suit of armor. Mandalorian. Kore made no facial movements but inside she was freaking.
The doors of the saloon closed and Kore broke out into a sprint. She pushed through crowds, trying to get to her current residence to begin hiding once again.
Once she was inside she tossed the basket on the table, goods spills onto the wood and floor. Out of pure precaution she went over to her cabinet and pushed it over, revealing the floorboards beneath it. Kore jammed her pocket knife in the floor, lifting up the panels and grabbing the box that lay under it.
The box was black metal with complex designs etched in it. Placing her thumb on the circle in the middle of the box, a needle stabs her finger drawing blood. It opened up at the taste of her dna and revealed assorted weapons and cloth from her days of fighting.
One weapon in particular stood out amongst the rest. A circular rectangular rod about 11 inches long. It was metal and complexly crafted, bringing back memories of the times when Kore used the deadly weapon. The bright shine was never far from her memory. Quickly she grabbed the blaster next to it and tucked it away, closing the box and placing it in her bag.
Kore moved the black mask to cover her face and her goggles down over her eyes. The air in the room was tense and Kore could sense someone at her door even before they entered. The air caught in her throat as heard the door automatically open. The figure stood there a moment, not moving as he watched Kore's back.
No one moved for what felt like an eternity. Kore was the first to break the tension, sending the door between the front room and her sleeping quarters slamming shut without ever turning around.
The Mandalorian was stunned at this for a moment before he quickly gained back his senses and chased after her. When he ripped the door open, the room was silent and empty. The window was open and a warm breeze blew in. The man turned on the thermal vision on his helmet and saw that the girl had jumped out the window.
Or at least that's what she made it look like. In reality she'd gone out the window, but climbed up the building. Just as the Mandalorian looked out the window, Kore reached the top of the building and was sprinting to the other side.
She leaped from building to building, trying to get to the edge of town as quickly as she could. Doing the stupid act of looking behind her, she saw the armored male chasing after her. Mumbling a quick curse under her breath, she willed her feet to move faster. Her heart pounded in her chest, lungs and legs burning, her feet barely even touched the floor as she sped over the tops of the houses.
The Mandalorian shot something at her but thanks to accidentally stumbling, it missed her. Kore was now on the last house, one with a tall railing that was in between her and the edge of the town.
Pushing herself even more she used the last of her strength to vault herself over the wall, and tumbling to the other side.
Her body made contact with one of the speeders that was parked on the side of the house and Kore knew something broke. Judging from the pain coming from her ribs she guessed that's what made the crunching sound. Kore wanted to just stop. Stop running. Stop hiding. Stop it all. But she couldn't. She wouldn't let them do whatever they wanted with her. So using the nonexistent strength she had, she pushed herself up and started running again. Truth be told it was more of a slow jog but she wasn't going down without a fight.
The Mandalorian dropped to the ground, a lot more gracefully than Kore, and walked over to her. She huffed in pain, every breathe wracking an unbearable feeling in her chest, and positioned herself in a fighting stance.
"Who hired you?" Kore spoke to the bounty hunter for the first time. He did not grace her with a response. Which only made her more angry, and when she was angry she was unstable. "Who hired you?!"
Again, no response. Kore grew even more pissed and made the rash decision of charging at him. The Mandalorian just quickly got out his rifle, the tip lighting up an electrical blue. That was the last thing Kore saw before everything went black.
-time skip-
When Kore awoke, she was cuffed to chair in the cockpit of the bounty hunters ship. She tugged at the cuffs, but all that did was cause the metal to dig into her skin, no doubt leaving bruises.
Kore looked around to see the backside of the man who took her down. To say the least she was embarrassed and mad. This man ripped her away from the peaceful life she was trying to live.
"Where are you taking me." The words came out more of a demand then they did a question.
Still the man didn't bother with a response, causing Kore to get pissed and kick the back of his chair with more force then should be in a girl of her size. The Mandalorian jerked his head back to look at her, no doubt a pissed off expression of his own under that helmet.
Realizing he should've tied up her legs along with her hands (probably her mouth too) he got up and grabbed her bag. It was laying on the floor beside him, and he tore it into four pieces. The contents of the bag spilled to the floor, the black box made a loud clattering sound.
"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING?!"
He ignored her and forcefully grabbed her legs, tightly tying them together, and to the base of the seat. Kore pulled fiercely at the bonds but no avail came.
"You prick. I hope you crash into a sun."
"I crash. You crash. We both die." He finally spoke, not that Kore even cared at this point.
"A noble sacrifice you get rid of scum like you."
The ship was quiet but that just made Kore brew more so she started to speak once again.
"Do you even know where your taking me or are you just some creep looking to kidnap girls for a good time."
The hunter wordlessly grabbed the puck from his armor and placed it on the panel, turning it on. The device lit up with the blue image of a hooded woman. Kore. This was during her time fighting with the Jedi during the time of the empire.
Kore's face paled at the sight. She never wanted to see those green robes ever again, she never wanted to see the dead look her face always took when she did what she did.
"Who. Hired. You."
She wasn't surprised when he didn't speak. Kore slumped in the seat, only then noticing the burning pain from her stomach. Crap. She'd forgotten she broke her rib, not an easy thing to forget but hey, Kore had bigger things to worry about right now.
Kore tried sitting up straighter, hoping something would relieve the pain she felt in her abdomen. It still wouldn't go away, meaning Kore was going to suffer in silence throughout her trip.