Infiltration

^what Kore is wearing during the chapter, drew during Japanese class :p

No ones POV

Kore watched as the ship landed on a base in the middle of nowhere. And by nowhere she meant, no planet or anything around in place for a long while. She was leaning against Mando's chair while looking straight ahead.
"Where are we?" She asked looking around.
"Catching up with someone." Mando got up and started to leave and Kore picked up the child and put him the sleeping compartment. She kissed it on the head and followed Mando out.
There were people working with welders and different parts of ships. Kore surveyed them as Mando stood next to her. A moment later someone called out to him.
"Mando." The two turned to see a man with messy white hair and grey hair. "Is that you under there?"
"Ran." Mando and Ran shook hands before the man turned to Kore.
"And who's this? You finally get a partner?"
Kore didn't bother sticking her hand out, she didn't like the feeling she got when she stood next to him. "Kore Halo."
He nodded and turned back to Mando.
"I didn't really know if I'd ever see you in these parts again. Good to see you. And your gal. You know, to be honest I was a little surprised when you reached out to me. You know, 'cause i... I hear things. Like, maybe things between you and the guild aren't workin out."
"I'll be fine."
"Okay. Well, you know the policy. No questions. And you, you're welcome back here anytime."
'Lies.' Kore thought as she watched the two interact.
"So, what's the job?"
"Yeah, one of our associates ran afoul of some competitors and got himself caught. So, I'm puttin' together a crew to spring him. It's a six person job. I got four. All I need is the ride, and you brought it."
The three looked at Mando's ship.
"The ship wasn't apart of the deal."
"Well, the crest is the only reason I let you back in here."
If looks could kill, this man would've died from the b**ch face Kore was giving him.
"What's the look? Is that gratitude?" He started laughing and walked away. "Uh Huh. I think it is."
They walked further into the place and Ran called out, "Hey Mayfeld."
"Yeah?"
"This is Mando, the guy I was tellin' you about. We used to do jobs way back when."
"This is the guy?"
"Yeah, we were all young, tryin' to make a name for ourselves. Yeah, but runnin with a Mandalorian, that was... that brought us some reputation."
"Oh yeah? What'd he get out of it?"
"I asked him that one time. You remember what you said Mando? Target practice." Ran started laughing.
Kore looked at Mando and mouthed 'wow... dam that's actually kinda h-'
Before she could finish mouthing that, Mando pushed her face away, making her yell, "HEY!"
"We did some crazy stuff, didn't we?"
"That was a long time ago."
"Well... well I don't go out anymore. You understand? So, Mayfeld is gonna run point on this job. If he says it, it's like it's comin from me. You good with that?"
"You tell me."
"You haven't changed one bit."
"Yeah, well, things have changed around here."
"Yeah, well, Mayfeld, he's.. he's one of the best trigger men I've ever seen. Former Imperial Sharpshooter."
"That's not saying much." Kore commented.
"I wasn't a stormtrooper, wisea**."
"You wanna go baldy? Square up or shut up."
"Hey, easy." Mando said.
"Fine.. but if he says something I'm throwing him off the base."
Mando smiled under his helmet as Kore walked away.
"Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly. Looks like a Canto Bight slot machine. Alright, the good-lookin' fellow there with the horns, that's Burg." Mayfeld said pointing at something that looked like Hellboys younger sibling. "This may surprise you, but he's our muscle."
"That's a face not even a mother could love." Kore commented. Burg growled at her and she turned to Mando. "You have to show dominance." And growled right back, only louder.
Burg then went over to Mando and sized him up. "So, this is a Mandalorian. I thought they'd be bigger."
"Droids name is Zero-"
"Because he's worth nothing." Kore nodded. Mayfeld was getting fed up with all her comments. The droid walked over to them.
"I thought you said you had four."
"He does."
Mando and Kore turned to See a female Twi'lek walking up to them.
"Hello, Mando."
"Xi'an."
"You know her?" Kore whispered while pointing her thumb at Xi'an.
"Tell me why I shouldn't cut you down where you stand?"
"Nice to see you, too."
The girl laughed and Kore almost gagged.
"I missed you." She got closer to Mando then Kore was comfortable with but she also found this somewhat hilarious so she allowed it. "This is shiny. You wear it well."
Mayfeld was getting uncomfortable while Kore was busy laughing her a** off.
"Do we need to leave the room or something?"
"Let's." Kore said in between laughs. Tears were falling down her face and Mando was glaring at her.
"Well, Xi'an's been a little heartbroken since Mando left our group." Ran explained.
"Awww Mando whyd you do that to the poor girl." Kore snickered. Mando walked over to her and flicked her in the forehead. "Aw you like me."
"Aw. You gonna be okay, sweetheart?"
"Oh, I'm all business now. Learned from the best."
"I give it a few hours."
"All right, lovebirds. Break it up till you get on the ship. Right now we don't have much time."
The group was walking away and Xi'an turned to wink at Mando.
"I think that 'all business' line was bull. Be careful if you're alone. She might try and jump you." Kore started laughing once again and Mando turned to her.
"Why do you keep laughing about this?"
"Because. It's funny. You and her... nice catch Dyn." She shook her head and went back on the ship to check on the child.
Mando's chest tightened when she said his name. A slight blush made its way to his face as he watched her walk away.
Soon after everyone boarded the ship and Mando went for the cockpit with the droid.
Kore was leaning against a wall, her light saber digging into her back, as she was watching the newcomers.
Xi'an was balancing a knife on her finger and Burg was pacing.
"Will you sit down?" Xi'an asked annoyed.
Burg responded by hitting something and the two snarled at each other.
Kore's face scrunched in confusion and annoyance.
"You've been in your share of fighting I take it?" Mayfeld pointed to Kore's stomach, which was littered with large ugly scars.
"Enough to make what you people do look like child's play."
This only pissed off the other three.
Burg was messing with some buttons and opened Mando's weapons cabinet.
Mando came down the ladder at this moment and closed the cabinet with a remote on his armor, causing Burg to turn around. Burg was about to press another button but Mando grabbed his arm. Burg towered over Mando, but Mando wasn't afraid so he looked equally as challenging.
"Hey, hey, hey. Okay. Okay. Okay, I get it. I'm a little particular about my personal space, too. So, let's just do this job. We get in, we get out, and you don't have to see our faces anymore."
Kore walked over and stepped in between the two, pushing burg away and turning to Mando. She lowered her voice slightly.
"Just this one job. Then we can go somewhere quiet for a little while okay?"
He was quiet for a moment before saying "Okay."
"Someone tell me why we even need a Mandalorian."
"Well, apparently they're the greatest warriors in the galaxy. So they say."
"Then why are they all dead?"
Kores hand flexed so she wouldn't shove that prick into the cold vacuum of space.
"Well, you flew with him, Xi'an. Is he as good as they say?"
"Ask him about the job on Alzoc III."
"I did what I had to."
"Oh, but you liked it. See, I know who you really are."
"He never takes off the helmet?"
Xi'an laughed then mocked him. "This is the Way."
"Huh. I wonder what you look like under there. Maybe he's a Gungan. Is that why yousa don't wanna show your face? You ever seen his face?"
"A lady, never tells."
"Well all I see is a tramp, so." Kore shrugged and held the evilest glint in her eyes as she smirked at Xi'an.
"What'd you say skank?"
"You heard me freak."
While the girls were having their own fight the men were extremely mature.
"Aw. Come on, Mando. We gotta trust each other here. You gotta show us somethin'. Come on. Just lift the helmet up."
"I'll do it." Burg reached first Mando's helmet but was blocked. The two got into a small fight and ended with burg opening the door where the child was being kept.
Kore stopped yelling at Xi'an when she heard the door open. She turned with wife eyes.
"Whoa! What is that? You get lonely up here, buddy? Huh? Wait a minute. Did you two make that? Huh?" Mayfeld said pointing to Mando and Kore.
Kore rolled her eyes but her face was slightly red at the thought. "No you moron."
"What is it, like a pet or somethin'?"
"Yeah. Something like that."
"Don't touch him." Kore got defensive.
"Didn't take you for the type." Xi'an said looking at Mando. "Maybe that code of yours has made you soft."
"Me, I was never really into pets. Yeah, I didn't have the temperament. Patience you know? I mean, I tried, but never worked out. But I'm thinkin' maybe I'll try again with this little fella." When Mayfeld picked up the child Mando had to hold Kore back from tackling him. He pretended to almost drop the child and Mando was having a hard time holding Kore back.
"Dropping out of hyperspace now." The ship jerked and everyone had a difficult time staying upright. Kore connected with the floor as immediately, new bruises popping up on her shoulder. "Commencing final approach, now. Cloaking signal, now."
The ship spun and Mayfeld dropped the child. Kore quickly scooped him up in her arms and held him close. Mando grabbed Kore so she wouldn't tumble around and waited for the ship to stop moving.
"Engaging coupling now. Coupling confirmed. We are down. And relax."
The child was whining and Kore was pissed. She went and put the child down in the sleeping compartment, before closing the door.
"Useless droid didn't even give us a proper countdown." Xi'an growled.
"Z, are you sure they can't see us?"
"The Razor Crest is scrambling our signature and I am inside the prison system. It's impressive that this gunship had survived the empire without being impounded."
"All right, we got a job to do. Mando, you're up."
Mando walked over and opened a small compartment on the floor. He hooked up something to it and the light flashed red for a few seconds before it turned green and the rest of the floor opened. Kore walked over first and leaned on the floor, popping her head through to make sure the coast was clear, then grabbed the railings and lowered the rest of her inside.
The rest looked at each other.
"It's me?" Mayfeld asked.
"Always you."
"Stop flirting and get down here!"
Mayfeld copied her movements out of the ship and the rest followed inside. Mando walked over to Kore.
"All right, we're on the clock. When we engage those droids, they're gonna be all over us."
"I know the drill."
"Bio trackers activated. I've got eyes." Zero said.
They all started down the halls, Mayfeld in front with a blaster drawn. They passed many in the cells and Kore couldn't help but stare.
"I don't like this." Mando said. Kore let out a forced laughed.
"Yeah. That makes two of us."
"You always were paranoid." Xi'an commented.
Is that true, Mando? Were you always paranoid?" Right then something locked up banged against the wall.
"Approaching control room. Make a left at the next juncture."
They walked down another hall, this tome Mando and Mayfeld had their guns out.
A small droid passed, scaring everyone.
"What? It's just a little mousy. Come here, little mousy."
"Really? Just leave it alone." Kore said.
"Burg."
The droid started to speed away when Burg shot it.
"Really?"
"No! Burg, what are you doin?"
"What?"
Right then four security droids walked in.
"Intruder alert. Open fire."
Each side started shooting and Kore regretted not grabbing her blaster before she left the ship.
"We're too exposed here."
"Wait really? There's not a giant wall giving us cover? Well I'm just shocked." Kore said sarcastically only to earn a hiss from Xi'an.
"If they get a signal out, it's not gonna matter." They kept shoot but the droids only got closer. "Mando, lets go! You're supposed to be somethin special."
Mando was gone. Kore rolled her eyes but knew he wasn't far away.
"I knew it. I knew it!"
Just then Mando walked out from behind the droids.
"Yes!" Kore shouted.
Mando destroyed the droids with no help from the others. Kore ran up to him and started beating against his chest plate.
"That was awesome. Also if you ever do that again I will personally kill you." She was serious a moment more before a smile broke out on her features.
The other three just walked over to the two.
"Make sure you clean up your mess." Mayfeld commented. Burg checked shoulders with Mando.
Kore turned to Mando.
"I will kill them."
He just smiled under his mask and the two caught up with the others.
"It seems your presence has been detected. Redirecting security alert away from your position."
They finally made it to the control room.
"Z, open the door!"
"But I'm detecting an organic signature."
"Yeah, okay. All right. Just open the door!"
The door opened and a man sitting at the control panel got up and pointed a blaster at them.
"Stop!" He shouted. "J-just stop right there."
Burg, Mando and Mayfeld were pointing their guns at the man.
Kore recognized the blue uniform.
"You put down the blasters right now."
Mayfeld obviously didn't see him as a threat and just walked further in the room.
"Nice shoes."
"Put down the blasters." The man was obviously nervous.
"Matches his belt." Soon they surrounded the man.
"There were only supposed to be droids on this ship."
Kore slowly lifted up her hands.
"What are you doing?" Mando asked.
"Trust me. Hey. Hey? I was with the resistance. See?" Kore took out a small put that showed her when she was with the Rebels. "We're just here to get a prisoner. Okay? We aren't here to kill anyone."
The man seemed to calm down slightly at this. Then Mayfeld opened his mouth.
"Cell two two one. Okay now for our well dressed friend."
The man pulled out a tracking beacon.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey. Easy. Easy, egghead. Put that down. Put that down. Come on."
"Easy." Mando commented.
"Put it down now!" Mayfeld pulled out his blaster.
"Drop your weapon idiot!" Kore shouted at Mayfeld.
"Oh yeah? Little miss rebel? Huh?" Mayfeld then pulled a gun on her which led to Mando pulling a gun on Mayfeld.
"What is that thing?" Burg asked.
"It's a tracking beacon."
"He presses that thing, we're all done. A new republic attack team will hone in on that signal and blow us all to hell. Put it down!"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, I'm serious."
"You didn't think we needed to know that tiny little detail?"
"I didn't think we'd get to this point."
"Yet here we are."
"Are you questioning my managerial style, Xi'an?"
"Stop arguing!" Kore shouted. "What's your name sir?"
"I-it's Davan."
"Okay." Kore smiled trying to get the man to calm down. "Davan. Please, we're just getting a prisoner. We won't hurt you."
"We're killing him." Mayfeld said.
The mans just got more anxious and lifted up the tracking beacon higher.
"No we aren't!"
"You're in morning position to argue." Mayfeld said with a blaster pointing at her head.
"Id like to see you pull that trigger. Please."
"Step away from the girl." Mando said, his voice deadly calm.
"Oh yeah? Are you gonna make me?"
"Get that blaster out of my face Mando!"
Burg pulled his gun on Mando.
"Don't."
Xi'an whipped out a knife and tossed it at Davan, hitting Kores shoulder on the way, and making his body fall lifeless to the floor.
Kore turned to Xi'an, wanting to rip out her vocal cords.
"Would you all just shut up?" She asked as she brushed past Kore and over to the man.
"Crazy Twi." Mayfeld commented putting his guns away.
Mando looked at Kores bleeding shoulder. "Are you okay?"
"I'll live. She might not."
"I had it under control."
"Yeah. Looked like it."
"Was that thing blinking before?"
Kore looked at it and wanted to bang her head against the wall. "Morons. They're all morons."
"Zero to Mayfeld."
"What?"
"I've detected a new republic distress signal homing in on your location. You have approximately 20 minutes."
Xi'an shrugged. "We only need five."
"Let's go, lets go. Move, move, move!"
They all started running to find this prisoner they were trying to spring.
"Nope. Non of this is worth whatever idiot got arrested. Not at all."
Burg picked up the large droid they passed and beat it against the floor, throwing it at the other one.
When they finally got to the cell Mayfeld used something to open up the cell. A man was sitting down and when he looked at Mando a smirk came to his face.
"Qin."
"Oh my god you're ugly."
"Funny, the man who left me behind is now my savior." Qin walked over to him. "Mando."
Kore looked over at Burg and her eyes widened.
"Mando!" She shouted but not in time. Burg punched him in the gut and he fell into the cell. They closed the door, locking him inside then turned to Kore.
"You really want to do this?" She asked, prepared to knock these idiots into tomorrow.
"Leave her. She's worthless." Mayfeld commented and they left. Well, not before Xi'an punched Kore.
"Should I be insulted or glad they're completely incompetent?" She wondered aloud, holding her left cheek. "She's gonna pay for that."
Kore just went up to Mando's cell and looked inside.
"Step back."
"Why?"
"Why do you you keep questioning me? Just do it!"
She pulled out her light saber and cut through the door, big enough for Mando to fight through.
Mando just stared as Kore kicked the newfound hole open.
"There. Come on."
He looked at her weapon as she retracted it and put it away.
"What is that-"
"I'll show you later come on!" She grabbed his hand and they went after the others.
First they stopped at the control room and Mando turned on a security lock down.
"I'll go after the b****-I mean the girl."
"Yeah. Sure."
"What? It was an honest mistake."
Kore ran out of the room in search of Xi'an.
When she entered the hallway, Xi'an stopped and turned around.
"Hello tramp."
"Hello whore."
Xi'an started throwing knives at Kore, who blocked them with the force, but it looked like she was just catching them. She could tell Xi'an was getting more and more pissed because her throws were getting faster. Finally, Kore lifted up her hand and Xi'an stopped throwing knives, instead reaching for her throat. There was a struggling noise as Xi'an tried to breath but couldn't. Kores hand slowly closed, as she watched Xi'ans body lift higher and go still.
She would've kept her there a moment longer, killing her, but she thought of Mando and the child. So instead she dropped Xi'an and dragged her back to a cell, throwing her in alongside Burg. Mando came over, dragging Mayfeld also.
"One left?"
"Yeah. I know where he is come on."
They ran to where they started and there Qin was, trying to escape. He stopped climbing when he saw the two of them.
"You killed the others."
"They got what they deserved." He didn't deny killing them, even if he didn't.
Qin snarled. He turned too fast and Mando pulled out a blaster.
"You kill me, you don't get your money. Whatever Ran promised, I'll make sure you get it, and more."
Mando didn't reply.
"Come on, Mando. Be reasonable. Huh? You were hired to do a job right? So do it. Isn't that your code? Aren't you a man of honor?"
"He May be. But I sure as hell am not." Kore used the force and smashed Qin's head in the wall, knocking him out.
Mando turned to her and saw her huffing, anger slowly depleting.
"Let's get on the ship."
Once on board they saw the droid pointing a gun at the child and Mando quickly shot it.
"Oh baby." Kore went over and picked it up.
Mando went up to the cockpit and started taking the ship back to Ran.
A short while later, they landed and delivered Qin to Ran, but Kore stayed aboard, not wanting to see the sleazy old man.
Mando returned, making Kore move out of his seat, and they left.
"Holy. Sh**. X-wings." Kore said as she stared ahead.
Mando took the small ball off the lever and handed it to the child then turned to Kore.
"I told you that was a bad idea."
"No I believe that was me who said that."
She smiled as Mando looked over at her arm.
"Come here."
She walked over and sat on the arm of his chair, taking off her robe to expose her arm.
He started to wrap up her arm and she leaned against his shoulder once he was done.
"Thank you, Dyn." He put his arm around her and let her rest against him as he flew the Razor Crest.