29

Amari

January 1st, we were on a plane back home with memories of what had happened on New Years playing through our heads.

"Lock the door." Tyler said breaking our kiss.

"I did." I breathed pulling him in again.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Positive." I said annoyed. "Now shut up and come here."

Hunter could hardly look at us without clutching his stomach and making gagging sounds.

I straddled his lap as I kissed his lips. They were so soft and I couldn't help but get lost in the feeling.

"Oh shit!" We heard Angel's voice from the door.

We both looked over to him and saw him struggling to pull the door closed.

"Are they in here?" Hunter asked.

"Nope. Let's go check downstairs." Angel lied nervously.

We rushed to put our shirts back on, but it was too late. Hunter has pushed his way into the room and was holding onto the wall for support.

"I feel light headed..." He mumbled shaking his head. "Call an ambulance."

"You're being dramatic." Angel said. "Come on."

Hunter stepped away and looked at us.

"That is disgusting!" He shook his head. "Just plain nasty."

He snatched his shoe off his foot and charged towards Tyler, but Angel grabbed him. Instead, Hunter threw the shoe and let Angel pull him out of the room.

"Why'd he hit me?" Tyler asked holding the shoe before pointing it at me. "This is your fault."

I shrugged and fixed my shirt.

"You had one drink and can't even think straight." Tyler laughed sitting the shoe down.

I really did think I had locked the door!

When we got home, Hunter still wouldn't talk to us. He wouldn't even sit in the same room with us for long.

January 2nd, we were all doing laundry and thoroughly cleaning our homes. January 3rd, I was throwing out old clothes while Mom and Dad mentally prepared themselves to get back to work. January 4th, Dad was driving me over to Jake's Aunt's house so that we could head out of town for his Aunt's store opening and luncheon.

I didn't feel comfortable leaving and knowing that I wasn't in a good place with Hunter, but I had promised to go with Jake. Maybe space would be good for Hunter.

"You're never still for long, huh?" Dad laughed.

"I guess not." I chuckled staring at my hands. "It's fun to move around, though."

"I get that, but you should consider slowing down and thinking things over." Dad said. "Things like your school life, your social life, your relationship with Jake..."