Chapter 17

Annabeth's POV

(They're 21 now. Getting married. This is actually how Greeks wed. @booksplusstuff guessed it.)

It was a beautiful May Saturday. I was busy slipping on a white gown, a little to tight around me.

"You have to look perfect," Piper says, fixing me up. Aphrodite, the beauty goddess herself, had come earlier, putting my hair into a gorgeous bun, and fixing my makeup.

In Greek tradition, the groom waits at the place of marriage for the bride. Percy also isn't allowed to see me in my dress.

"Ugh, okay," I groan.

♥ ♡ ♥

I walk into the hall as all heads turn to me. I see my stepmother and brothers in the crowd, along with Percy's family. I actually see some of the gods like Posiedon, Hera (bc marriage), and my mom, Athena. Some of our friends from CHB are here, but not everyone. My heart pounds rapidly, and I'm afraid of doing anything wrong. My dad leads me up to Percy, who can't take his eyes off me.

We start the vows. (A/N I skipped the vows bc we all know they gone say YASS)

After the vows, Percy's best man, Grover, puts the rings and small crowns on us. (Yes, that happens.) Percy is handed a small glass of red wine, which we both drink out of. We turn and walk out as the crowd throws rice and flowers at us.

"Finally," I whisper.

Afterwards, we get changed for the wedding party. I get into a long black gown, while Percy puts on a red, white, and black tux. The hall has lights and music playing.

"You look gorgeous, Wise Girl." Percy leans in and kisses me. "Or should I call you Mrs. Jackson?"

"I like either. Now, where are we going for our honeymoon?" I smile as he twirls me.

"You pick, Annabeth Jackson. You're the architect." He pulls me in, and I lean on his chest.

"We have time," I whisper, not wanting this to end. I close my eyes and forget about all my worries.

Percy's POV

I hold her against me, not wanting to let go. I burrow my head into her soft hair, taking in her lemon scent.

We finally broke apart, hanging with our friends.

"Come on, babe. Let's get some blue cookies." There was blue food thanks to my mom.

"Don't call me 'babe' Seaweed Brain." She laughs and gently punches my shoulder.

Suddenly, a painful scream bursts out.

"Mellie!" Coach Hedge goes running to his wife. Chuck is in Mellie's arms, protected from the monster.

"Gleeson!" The monster towers over Mellie, about to strike her and the child. "Empousa!"

The deadly Kelli shows her hideous form. Large claw like fingers, hideous body. I remember the first time I fought her.

Before I come to my senses, all the demigods charge Kelli, Clarisse LeRue being the first to strike. Kelli must be an idiot if she thinks she can crash a party with dozens of trained demigods.

"Don't ever touch Chuck!" Clarisse is the one to turn her to dust. Being the godmother of Chuck and all. (Sorry spoiler)

"Wow. We still aren't safe. How did she get in anyways?" I ask Annabeth.

"I know they were fixing the monster border around New Rome, which means she must have snuck in."

"That ugly thing couldn't have snuck through hell." I never said Tartarus and neither did Annabeth, because it would trigger awful memories.

Everyone crowds around Mellie, Hedge, and Chuck. Clarisse backs them up, letting Will Solice take a look.

"She has a a few scratches, and the baby is unharmed," Will anounces. He's wearing a white tux, matching with Nico's black tux.

Reyna runs in wearing a purple gown. "They've fixed the borders. Turns out, Kelli had been waiting right outside of New Rome for a chance," she announces.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, everyone goes back to dancing and eating.

"Well that was interesting, Prissy, Annie." Clarisse comes up and slaps my back. "Take good care of her."

Slowly, the night comes to an end. People go to hotel rooms and homes.

"I love you, Percy Jackson."

"I love you too, Annabeth Jackson."