Chapter 14

Percy's POV

Months came and went swiftly. Soon it was Spring. Annabeth was going around making sure everything was right.

"Stop worrying. It'll be fun," I assured her. She was wearing her CHB t-shirt and jeans. Her hair was in a messy ponytail.

"No! They'll be here any minute. Everything needs to be perfect," Annabeth replied. We were talking about Leo, Calypso, Piper, and Jason. They were visiting.

The doorbell rang. Our CHB friends, Hazel, Frank, and Reyna were at the door.

"Annabeth!" Piper threw her arms around Annabeth. I greeted Jason and Leo. Calypso ingnored me, taking Leo with her.

"I'm hungry. I want enchiladas," a voice complained. I peered behind my friends to see Grover the Sayter.

"Grover! How are you? How's Juniper?" Annabeth asked. We tackled our old friend.

"Hey guys! You got engaged! So happy for you!" Grover tackled us back.

We ate, Iris-messaged, laughed, and had lots of fun. The squad was staying in New Rome the night, so the guys stayed in the apartment, and the girls went to an empty apartment on the next floor.

"I'll be fine, Percy." Annabeth didn't understand why I was so protective. I didn't want her getting hurt like last time.

"Okay. See ya tomorrow." I kissed her goodnight and headed to our apartment.

An hour later, I went to throw out the trash. I stepped out into the cool night air, turning to the the ally where all the trash was put.

"Get away from me. I'm not letting you come near me again." I turned the corner to see Annabeth and Uriah. He grabbed her arm, which she pulled away.

"I'm way better than that Percy guy. I know you want me. Come on," he said. He kissed her, and she yelped as if it hurt. I was about to step in and kill the guy, but without hesitation, Annabeth punched him right on the nose, then judo flipped him. "Ah!"

"I'm not weak, idiot." She ran in my direction.

"Annabeth!" I grabbed her as she crashed into me.

"Percy! I handled it. Let's go." Annabeth dragged me away. We left Uriah caring for himself.

"What happened?"

"I came to throw out the trash and he grabbed me. I didn't hesitate to hurt him this time," Annabeth explained. She looked unharmed. But her lip was bleeding.

"Are you okay?" I was filled with concern.

"I'm fine, Percy. Let's go."