Chapter 3

Annabeth's POV

"Alright, Percy. Let's go to Sally's house." I grabbed his arm as we walked towards our car. Yes, our own car. We planned to take it all the way to New Rome.

"Coming, Wise Girl," he grinned. We walked towards the car after saying goodbye to everyone. "First stop, Mom."

A WHILE LATER

We walked towards Sally's brand new home in New York, courtesy of Posiedon and Percy. Percy opened the door and we stepped in.

"Hey guys!" Paul greeted us. "Your mom's in the living room. She forced me to make her soup. Soup!"

"Thanks, Paul." Percy took my hand and led me to his mom. She looked up from her book and Percy gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, Mom."

"Hey Percy." She smiled and turned towards me. "Has he caused any trouble lately?" She joked.

"Just the usual, Sally," I smiled. "How's the baby?"

"Oh, three months and I'm already tired! Paul and I went to the doctor, but we decided to be surprised." Paul stepped in with the soup.

"Actually, Annabeth, Sally decided to be surprised." Paul joked. Sally rolled her eyes and took the soup.

"Anyways, you two be careful. Two demigods going across the country? Bad idea. But I trust you two. Have fun, and call me when you get there." Sally told us. We said our goodbyes and headed out. It was time for New Rome.