Chapter 12

Percy's POV

I confronted Uriah the next day. He was sitting in the café when I got there. Annabeth had told me to chill, to let it go, but nobody gets away with messing with her on my watch.

"Hey Uriah."

"Sup, Percy. How's your girlfriend?"

"She's my fiancé, and she's fine," I replied. "But stay away from her."

"What did she tell you?"

"That you've been messing with her. And unless you can swim, I wouldn't." I tried sounding as brave as I could.

"You should know, Percy. I can swim. And I'm good at it." Uriah smirked, sipping his coffee.

"But I don't think you can hold your breath that long."

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do. If I see her again, what are you gonna do? Lecture me?" Uriah challenged. I resisted the urge to punch him.

"I don't think you will. Stay away from her." I sounded pathetic, but I didn't care. I walked out with that.

"Hey, Annabeth." I greeted her by the steps where she waited for me.

"Hi, Seaweed Brain. I needed to tell you that tomorrow a few girls and I are going to a diner a couple miles from here. Can you meet me there at 8? I'll get a ride from my friend."

"Okay." I smiled.

"Great! Let's go home now." She grinned as she grabbed my hand and led the way. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Uriah smirk and walk away.

As we got home, I asked Annabeth, "do you want to Iris message Piper and Jason?"

"Yeah. Let's go." She called for Piper. "Hey, Piper!"

Piper got up. "Uh, hey guys." Jason got up from under her, his face covered in lipstick.

"You guys busy?" Annabeth smirked.

"Uh, kinda," Jason stammered. He got up and pulled on a shirt. Piper attempted to fix her messed up hair.

"How's college going?" Piper asked. "And the engagement?"

"Good. We just got back," I answered. "How's Camp?"

"Fine. A few new campers, Leo and Calypso making out, the usual," Jason answered. We chatted for a while longer before I ran my hand through their faces.