Chapter 11

I woke up in the nurses office. The white light was blinding to me as I had my eyes closed for a while. I sat up and Mike was right there by my side.

        "Are you okay?" He asked. His grip on my arm hurt more than anything.

        "Yeah but, your holding on a bit too hard. I gestured toward my arm.

        "Sorry," He let go off my arm.

        A woman in a white lab looking coat came over to me.

        "How are you feeling?" She asked.

        "Alright, where am I?"

        "Your in the nurses office,"She wrote something's down on a clipboard. She reached for an ice pack and gave it to me.

        "Here, you'll need this." I took it.

        "Your head will probably hurt for a while. This ice pack should make it feel better."

        "Thanks."

        "No problem."

        I looked up at her an instantly recognized her. She was my fairy god mother. She held her finger too her mouth.

        "Shhh." She said quietly for only me to hear.

        Mike hand gone and stood up looking around the room. Thankfully he didn't notice.

        "All set." She said as she finished taking my blood pressure.

        I swung my legs over the bench.

        "Where is Crimson?" I asked.

        "They went back to class." Mike responded.

        "You should be getting back to class, my dears." My fairy god mother replied.

        "She's right, we are a light late and by a little I mean like 20 minutes." I looked at him in disbelief.

        My fairy god mother handed us two late passes.

        "Now go," She said to us, while pushing us out the door.

        We walked down the empty halls. A question had been on my mind since I woke up and saw Mike but, I didn't have the nerve or the guts to say it. Now I did.

        "Why did you stay with me?"

        "What?" He asked me.

        "Why were you still there when I woke up?"

        He looked down at his shoes for a second. Regains composure and speaks.

        "Because you saved my life back in that hallway, it was the least I could do to make sure you were okay."

        "I don't know about saving lives but, I did save you from having your butt kicked." I looked down and thought about something.

        "Promise me you won't say anything to anybody about this."

        "What?"

        "Promise."

        "Sapphire, some people attacked us back in that hall, and you want me to keep silent?"

        "Yes."

        "Why?"

        "Because if anyone finds out that some people attacked us, we're going to have to explain how we stopped them. Now what are we going to say then?"

        "Good point."

        "So, your not going to say anything."

        "No."

        "Thanks, promise?"

        "Promise,"