Chapter 9

6th hour came pretty fast. My whole day was basicly laid out on a platter for me to see. I rushed from the science lab all the way to the library. I saw him there sitting at a table. I came over there, tapped his arm, and signaled him to follow me. 

        "Where are we going?" He asked me while swinging his backpack over his shoulder.

        "You'll see." I was taking him over to the auditorium. I knew the schedule of the auditorium and right know no one was there. 

        He followed me all the way there, not daring to say a word. I wondered why. We were friends after all and we knew eachother. I think he might be getting jitters over the whole thing. I looked back at him to make sure he was okay.

        "What?" He asked me.

        "Nothing." I replied.

        "There must be something you turned around."        

        "Nothing."

        "Uhh huu." He gave me a sly smile and looked forward again. I turned around and looked straight as well. Not before noticing someone pointing at my neckless and running towards me. I stopped dead in my tracks and looking for a different path to take. He grabbed my arm, i'd call him by his first name but I didn't know what it was, and looked at me. It probably wasn't helping that I had a scared expression on my face. 

        "What's wrong? Do you know these people?" He asked me tensing up in the process.

        "No, can't say that I do." I replied. I looked around. There has to be some way out of this. I finally found it a stairwell it was going to lead to the 11th and 12th grade hall, which is uncharted territory, but they looked about our age so at least I could level the playing field a bit.

        "Come on." I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the door.

        "Wait, we can't go up their we don't know that place as well as we know this one." He replied to me as I had almost put my hand up on the door.

        "I know, but they probably don't know much about it either. At this point we actually have a chance." He looked at me and nodded. I pushed open the door and stepped through.

        The stairwell it's self was actually all white, which didn't match the multicolored floors and maroon lockers. There were very few flights of stairs. It was a plus and minus for us, we could get through the door faster, but they could find us a lot faster also. At this point it didn't matter anymore. All I cared about was getting up these stairs and making it through the hall to safety. I had no idea of what they were going to do to us, but when it came to high schoolers, it was never good. We reached the door and realife pasted over me, becasue I knew that the fight was almost over. The battle half way won. All we needed to do was hide and wait for them to pass us. I put my hand on the handle of the door twisted it and burst into the hallway.